2022 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is some "I'm gonna show you" type of treatment.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:24 pm
Wormwood wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:18 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:12 pm
Flex saying something about Sochan. Fuck out of here
Gut feeling: Suns are looking at trade with San Antonio for DA. They'll get Sochan, who isn't a James Jones kind of guy (not NBA ready), but is intended to be flipped for KD (which oddly seems to be falling into place).
This better not essentially become DA and bridges for KD. Too much imo. Hope was to get a player out of DA and also KD. 2 pieces
Suns aren't letting Bridges go. The goal is to get some nice draft assets out of DA to go along with whatever they pull in from SA or DET. But, Flex seems to be hinting that SUns intend to deal with San Antonio.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AJ Griffin is falling too far.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ochai Agbaji; I wonder if he's going to buy Colin Sexton's house.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mark Williams; loved him 6 months ago, now I think he's melanin enhanced Mason Plumlee. Perfect for Charlotte.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AJ Griffin; best value pick in the first round besides Jaden Ivey.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Cam Payne for Alec Burks would save the Knicks 4 million

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Gut feeling: Suns are looking at trade with San Antonio for DA. They'll get Sochan, who isn't a James Jones kind of guy (not NBA ready), but is intended to be flipped for KD (which oddly seems to be falling into place).
I don’t know a lot about this draft, but I love the idea of Sochan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dalen Terry to the Bulls at 18.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:55 pm
Wormwood wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Sochan is one of those Freshman who screams "potential" rather than posting eye popping stats.

That's exactly the sort of player James Jones is uninterested in. If he's included in an Ayton S&T, it's a near certainty he's being packaged and sent elsewhere.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:55 pm
Wormwood wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Sochan is one of those Freshman who screams "potential" rather than posting eye popping stats.

That's exactly the sort of player James Jones is uninterested in. If he's included in an Ayton S&T, it's a near certainty he's being packaged and sent elsewhere.
I’d be fine if he’s part of a KD deal…he seems like a weird fit with Ben Simmons though. They are quite similar players.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Sochan's one of the most versatile, high IQ players in the draft, albeit with some underdeveloped offense. Not sure I'd build a trade for DA around him, but he'd be a great fit here.

Kind of a boring draft tho? I think Detroit and Houston did really well. Ivey and Duren with Cade and potentially DA? Houston replaced Wood with Smith and Eason, who complement each other well and give the Rockets more length and athleticism. Spurs did well with Sochan and Branham. I wasn't as high on AJ Griffin but ATL is a pretty perfect situation for him. I like Mark Williams a lot in Charlotte. Also love Daniels in NOLA.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:10 pm
Sochan's one of the most versatile, high IQ players in the draft, albeit with some underdeveloped offense. Not sure I'd build a trade for DA around him, but he'd be a great fit here.

Kind of a boring draft tho? I think Detroit and Houston did really well. Ivey and Duren with Cade and potentially DA? Houston replaced Wood with Smith and Eason, who complement each other well and give the Rockets more length and athleticism. Spurs did well with Sochan and Branham. I wasn't as high on AJ Griffin but ATL is a pretty perfect situation for him. I like Mark Williams a lot in Charlotte. Also love Daniels in NOLA.
Houston must be overjoyed that Jabari fell to them.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Danny green also going to Memphis with the 23rd pick

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Everybody is saying Philly made a great trade. But Danny Green is a serviceable wing who can drain 3s, and they give up a 1st rounder, all to acquire Melton, a guy we couldn't be bothered to keep on our roster as an end-of-the-bench guard. Is that really a good trade for Philly?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kinda bummed the Suns couldn't get Tari Eason. I really like his skillset and measurables. He's not going to be a star but I think he's a perfect front court role player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »