Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:40 pm
Now here's a trade I could get behind: https://hoopshabit.com/2022/07/04/nba-t ... in-durant/
I am willing to bet Kyrie is not a James Jones guy :lol:
He might do it if the only way the Nets give us KD is if we take Kyrie.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:41 pm
The Nets should take as long as they can in hopes of getting more/better bidders. And they are already in a bad place since KD was public with his trade request and picked a team. I will start to worry on the 8th as the moratorium lifts and especially the 9th when the deals already made become official and teams can start making moves again.
The moratorium ends at 9 am (AZ time) on Wednesday.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Oh I don't know why I was reading the 8th and 9th.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Well the 8th is the last day to match an offer sheet that was signed on or before the 6th.

Indy

Post by Indy »

How many RFA offers were extended? I think I have been too wrapped up in our stuff to notice any.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

First tweet of the day by him few minutes ago
He's been Pro Flex all throughout this process sooo 🤷🏾‍♂️

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:42 pm

One thing to know about Xin is every single tweet of his is trolling. Nothing he says is without sarcasm. When he posted that thing praising flex it was all tongue-in-cheek, then Flex read it and didn't get it and responding thanking him. :lol:

So this is clearly just a statement about how on the 4th of July the US sets off fireworks. That is all.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I don’t follow Suns trolls.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:04 pm
I don’t follow Suns trolls.
Isn't that pretty much all of the national media that are all based in either LA or NY City?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I don’t know what to make of this. Any one of us could have concluded there is no deal imminent. My guess is they’re holding out for Bridges. Every team has got hot and bothered over this by now and submitted their offers. I’d be shocked if Brooklyn FO drags this out and hold the NBA hostage for months. This is a new landscape where super stars dictate shit and is the price you pay for who you hitch your wagon to.
Who thinks we’re still looking for a 3rd team to trade with? Do they intend to have us flip Crowder too for something for them for a 4th trade partner? https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 806907001/

carey

Post by carey »

Some kind of report is over at RealGM saying it's very likely he's going to Toronto. He's gonna hate it there like most stars but idk.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 pm
Some kind of report is over at RealGM saying it's very likely he's going to Toronto. He's gonna hate it there like most stars but idk.
I will believe it when I see it. I do not believe he'd ask out without a target place he wanted to go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 pm
That was fake.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I wonder if the chatter about Toronto is just them negotiating with Brooklyn about their part in a 3-team deal.

Both teams sending picks to Brooklyn

Suns - Kevin Durant
Raptors - Deandre Ayton (4/$120M)
Nets - Mikal Bridges, OG Anunoby, Khem Birch, Torrey Craig
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think KD would want to go to Toronto. A lot of NBA players don't want to live there, and also, they booed him when he tore his Achilles. Also they aren't very good, and they wouldn't be a contender even with him once you subtract what they would have to give up.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:20 pm
I don’t know what to make of this. Any one of us could have concluded there is no deal imminent. My guess is they’re holding out for Bridges. Every team has got hot and bothered over this by now and submitted their offers. I’d be shocked if Brooklyn FO drags this out and hold the NBA hostage for months. This is a new landscape where super stars dictate shit and is the price you pay for who you hitch your wagon to.
Who thinks we’re still looking for a 3rd team to trade with? Do they intend to have us flip Crowder too for something for them for a 4th trade partner? https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 806907001/
“This pending Durant trade could take through the summer or thereafter, not in a matter of days as Suns or other team's fans would hope for.”

:?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:11 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

One thing to know about Xin is every single tweet of his is trolling. Nothing he says is without sarcasm. When he posted that thing praising flex it was all tongue-in-cheek, then Flex read it and didn't get it and responding thanking him. :lol:

So this is clearly just a statement about how on the 4th of July the US sets off fireworks. That is all.
He was right. I can confirm that there were fireworks tonight. And my dog did not like it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:20 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:11 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

He was right. I can confirm that there were fireworks tonight. And my dog did not like it.
Same. I am not a fireworks fan. But it does seem very American to blow things up to celebrate.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:30 pm
I wonder if the chatter about Toronto is just them negotiating with Brooklyn about their part in a 3-team deal.

Both teams sending picks to Brooklyn

Suns - Kevin Durant
Raptors - Deandre Ayton (4/$120M)
Nets - Mikal Bridges, OG Anunoby, Khem Birch, Torrey Craig
It feels like OG, Mikal + lots of picks and salary filler is a little high for Brooklyn. I mean it is exactly what they are publicly saying they want for Durant. So I think the price will be a little lower.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Reading on Twitter that Shams did an interview with Pat McAfee where he said there is no traction on Kyrie or KD trade process and could last well into the season. That’s crazy man. That just can’t be true.
Last edited by Wally_West on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.