All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:06 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:55 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:21 pm

Here's hoping it works out for you.

Even if they win the title I still think he's gone personally. You can get a guy who can fill Aytons current role, now I'm not saying he'll be an upgrade talent or skill wise, because he won't, but you can definitely find a guy to fill his spot for at least half the price.
I really don't think we can with this version of him.
But we could win if we swapped him out for Looney? Y'all are loony.
Gotta factor in the rest of that money going to solidify G/F spots. Ayton going out will not be just to replace him by himself.

Also, Looney has a title.
Which makes it even crazier to say we can't win one with Ayton.
Fingers crossed... We're all hoping for a championship and would be happier than anything to eat my words; but he's not giving us a lot of hope from what we're all seeing.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:

Even if they win the title I still think he's gone personally. You can get a guy who can fill Aytons current role, now I'm not saying he'll be an upgrade talent or skill wise, because he won't, but you can definitely find a guy to fill his spot for at least half the price.
Gotta factor in the rest of that money going to solidify G/F spots. Ayton going out will not be just to replace him by himself.

Nobody is winning a title because of Looney, he's a cog in the wheel. He's also not getting paid a max contract for less than ideal production. If Ayton were getting Looney money nobody would hate him. Guaranteed.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:11 pm
JeremyG wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Fingers crossed... We're all hoping for a championship and would be happier than anything to eat my words; but he's not giving us a lot of hope from what we're all seeing.
He'll be fine. I'm much more worried about our point guard.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:23 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:11 pm
JeremyG wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

He'll be fine. I'm much more worried about our point guard.
Plenty of concern there too

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm really worried why Ayton has such terrible hands. He fumbles more passes, rebounds, ect than anyone I've ever seen. And for a guy that supposedly has a 40 in vert, he rarely uses it, and really has no first step explosion in any way. This should be easy for him, as we see the tools he's been blessed with, but time and time again, Fumbles just loses the ball on a pass, or doesn't seal his man to post up or gets the ball ripped out of his hands by a guy nearly half his size.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:52 pm
Y'all are making so much extra work for me to do, bumping posts after the season is over.

I really believe we would be quite a bit better if we could.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:

I think you’re looking at it backwards.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:18 pm
JeremyG wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Nobody is winning a title because of Looney, he's a cog in the wheel. He's also not getting paid a max contract for less than ideal production. If Ayton were getting Looney money nobody would hate him. Guaranteed.
I don’t hate him now. I’m just frustrated with him and I still would be at less money but it would be more palatable.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I supported re-signing him as an asset and giving him a chance. But he's a waste of a max contract and we should get rid of him. I'd take minimal return so long as it freed up salary, or hopefully at least one usable wing or big back.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:12 pm
Would you guys trade Ayton and CP3 to Atlanta for Trae Young + either John Collins or Clint Capela?
Not a chance in hell. And I'm going to post this tweet anytime someone suggests it again in the future. :P

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Okongwu and Hunter. Thanks.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Joking.... But maybe we could send ayton to the mercury for griner and taurasi... I mean it would fix our needs with a PG and a big that knows how to dunk.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Maybe a russian gulag is what Ayton needs to motivate himself :P

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:07 pm
I supported re-signing him as an asset and giving him a chance. But he's a waste of a max contract and we should get rid of him. I'd take minimal return so long as it freed up salary, or hopefully at least one usable wing or big back.
Okay this is just getting silly now.

You guys are totally missing how valuable a player like Ayton is to this team. Just to mention one aspect of Ayton’s value that was noticeable last night: since when does a center like Looney or others mentioned in this thread create gravity or draw a bunch of defenders into the paint, opening up the floor for his teammates?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:24 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

You guys are totally missing how valuable a player like Ayton is to this team. Just to mention one aspect of Ayton’s value that was noticeable last night: since when does a center like Looney or others mentioned in this thread create gravity or draw a bunch of defenders into the paint, opening up the floor for his teammates?
Um he creates nothing for his teammates... KD, Booker and Paul do just fine without him. SMH.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Here were the trades I threw out in another thread:

Time Lord + Grant Williams (tough because he's an RFA) or Derrick White
Jarrett Allen + Okoro (don't love this one because of the fit and Ayton's salary for CLE)
Mitchell Robinson + Toppin and McBride
Capela + Bogi or Hunter and maybe Jalen Johnson
Poeltl+ would be good, but almost impossible because of his impending free agency
Gafford + Avdija and Kispert (kind of a pu pu platter)
Vucevic + Caruso (and maybe Coby White)
Myles Turner + Duarte and Nesmith (though I don't think Indy is looking to move Turner right now)
Wendell Carter Jr + Suggs or Anthony and Okeke
Mark Williams + Rozier
Zubac + Mann or Powell
Jonas V + Herb Jones
Nurkic + Thybulle and Nas Little (though I don't see Nurkic as a likely target)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:31 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:24 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

Um he creates nothing for his teammates... KD, Booker and Paul do just fine without him. SMH.
All these guys have to create shots for him lol. There's a reason teas always blitz/trap the perimeter guys and let Ayton shoot jumpers to beat them. He can't do anything else.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:42 pm
I'm really worried why Ayton has such terrible hands. He fumbles more passes, rebounds, ect than anyone I've ever seen. And for a guy that supposedly has a 40 in vert, he rarely uses it, and really has no first step explosion in any way. This should be easy for him, as we see the tools he's been blessed with, but time and time again, Fumbles just loses the ball on a pass, or doesn't seal his man to post up or gets the ball ripped out of his hands by a guy nearly half his size.
We have seen the vertical as he rarely loses the opening tip in a game. I am also very confused about why he can’t catch the ball cleanly most of the time. Does he have small hands? I’ve given up on thinking it’s always defensive hands getting in the way since it happens so often. If he could catch the ball all the time his game would be a lot different.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Jarrett Allen was mentioned above...yippee...can't wait to see 6 points and 5 rebounds in 37 minutes in the playoffs from my starting center.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:12 pm
I think I'm ready to trade Ayton this offseason, too, unless he really shows improvement over the course of the playoffs.

Would you guys trade Ayton and CP3 to Atlanta for Trae Young + either John Collins or Clint Capela? Those are some depressed ATL assets, but it'd be a chance to take a flier on a guy who could end up being a PG of the future and give you productive seasons for a decade. He has some huge holes in his game, but if it worked out, it'd be an absolute steal. And ATL gets to hand the car keys to Murray and others and end the not-working Trae experiment going on there.

Other trade proposals? Call the Pacers and ask for another look at that Myles Turner package?
For Trae Young and Capela? Now, that's the kind of package I would be looking for. Myles Turner? Nope.