Suns Summer League 2023

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Suns Summer League 2023

Post by Shabazz »

Julian Champagnie looks like a find for San Antonio.

Keegan Murray looks ready to break out. I always thought it was weird that Sacramento took heat for drafting him over Ivey.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Murray is too good to be in this SL. He'd better look amazing right now.

I thought they should've gone for Ivey at the time because I was unsure about Fox. With the advantage of hindsight knowing Fox took a significant leap last season, Murray was a much better choice for them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Still don’t think they should’ve done that extension with Sabonis this year. Especially having to give up a first round pick for this, super weird.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Summer League is the reminder anniversary of that awful feeling I got when I watched Josh Jackson before his sophomore year and realized he fucking sucked.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:18 am
Summer League is the reminder anniversary of that awful feeling I got when I watched Josh Jackson before his sophomore year and realized he fucking sucked.
I get PTSD thinking about the Josh Jackson draft, and about the Bender/Chriss draft. Among others.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I remember being so disappointed by either Robin Lopez or Alex Len...probably both. Like "these guys can't dominate this comp?"

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:38 am
I remember being so disappointed by either Robin Lopez or Alex Len...probably both. Like "these guys can't dominate this comp?"
Or the big “o”…. Thought that guy had some potential.

Still my biggest disappointment was Richard dumas. That guy was insane… probably because he was coked out of his mind while playing. 😳

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

How many rings does Ishbia need to buy for you goofballs to forget about all that BS?

(At least 2, IMO.)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

What is Keegan Murray doing playing in Summer League? Clearly doesn't need to be out there. Almost feels like Booker in that 2nd summer where he played just so he could cook everyone tho he's not quite that good.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm looking forward to watching summer ball now. I'm curious how our team will do and to watch Goodwin and Tou' specifically. As well as see what offensive and defensive schemes Crawford has cooked up. I imagine it may be a preview to our schemes with the full squad. Also, I'll be watching the Vegas debut of the big W today.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea last year kinda sucked seeing guys you knew weren't going to make the team and Ish standing in the corner waiting to shoot a 3 because that was his role within the offense. I'd hope Goodwin will be too good for the competition and want to see Camara defensively from an athletic standpoint. Same thing with Pinder, seeing if he plays some 3/4 since he was a 5 in the NBL.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've been enjoying the Blazers/Rockets game going on right now. These might be the two most interesting teams at this Summer League. A lot of talent on both sides.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Scoot already got hurt tho? Hope it’s not serious.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Apparently a shoulder injury. I didn't notice anything happen during the game, so that's promising.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wemby is such a fascinating player to watch. He's going to be really good when he picks up the speed of the game and settles down.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This might end up being the best game of the Summer.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Throwback to some Baby Book highlights

carey

Post by carey »

We’re going up against Phoenix legend Nico Mannion tonight. He looks much improved. Someone should give him a look.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Wemby was a hot mess last night. He'll eventually figure it out. Didn't expect the summer league guys to be able to knock the ball away from him so easily. He's going to have to switch up how he handles the ball. Once thing he has going for him is he'll never shoot a contested 3. No one can even come close to where his release point is on his shots.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."