All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by iLLmatic »

Just finding out about this, looking forward to reading Jeremy's comments.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:12 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:38 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:34 pm
I think they’ll utilize him. I don’t think he’ll lead them in scoring. I think that’ll be Scoot or Simons
So what type of bet?
Well we can go small…like if I win you have to have a Monty Williams avatar for the entire offseason(I would obviously have to have an Ayton avatar).

My other thought was you’d not be able to discuss Ayton on the site for a certain period of time. Not sure what my punishment would be though.

Thoughts?

As for the bet itself, I think we’d need to go off PPG…There would have to be a games played minimum. We’d also have to figure out how to count say a player like Jerami Grant, Anfernee Simons, or Jrue Holiday if they get traded midseason.
Yeah, I like the avatar bet. PPG for sure. Minimum games played sounds good, perhaps that could apply to any traded players as well--let me know what number you think is fair.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s kind of a sad day. Our first ever #1 pick turned into an older #16 pick who’s often injured. Not going to celebrate that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

That's what happens when you take the wrong guy.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

That's what happens when you psychologically destroy, misuse, and then give up on the guy you take.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
I think they’ll utilize him. I don’t think he’ll lead them in scoring. I think that’ll be Scoot or Simons
So what type of bet?
Well we can go small…like if I win you have to have a Monty Williams avatar for the entire offseason(I would obviously have to have an Ayton avatar).

My other thought was you’d not be able to discuss Ayton on the site for a certain period of time. Not sure what my punishment would be though.

Thoughts?

As for the bet itself, I think we’d need to go off PPG…There would have to be a games played minimum. We’d also have to figure out how to count say a player like Jerami Grant, Anfernee Simons, or Jrue Holiday if they get traded midseason.
Yeah, I like the avatar bet. PPG for sure. Minimum games played sounds good, perhaps that could apply to any traded players as well--let me know what number you think is fair.
At least half the season? So 41? And how would we count it if say Jerami Grant was the leading scorer but was traded halfway through? If he hit the games threshold it counts?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:50 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:16 pm
Y’all have such Hayton blinders on. He will be Portland’s leading scorer and leading rebounder this year.
Who cares in a losing effort?
In other words, portlands gonna suck ass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I don't always agree with Bickley but this article is spot the fuck on. I'm sure Book and Durant are elated to see him gone. Booker won't have to babysit his ass and keep trying to light a fire in him. That had to be exhausting. Two guys among a few others on the team that had to be shaking their heads, pissed off pretty regularly when Ayton would coast through games and try that weak shit at the rim. He always looked like a giant annoying kid out there wanting to have fun, be goofy, be friends with everyone and coast by on God given athleticism. Even then, his athleticism would take extended breaks while lazy took command. That's not how killers ball.

Deande Ayton’s lack of playoff moxie is no longer the Suns’ problem
https://arizonasports.com/story/3535135 ... s-problem/
Deandre Ayton is no longer our problem, no longer our obsession.

Good riddance.

Sorry for the harsh words, but the truth hurts. And for all of the great qualities that Ayton possesses — lovable, funny, bursting with personality and style — he is not a serious professional. He talks a great game, but rarely exceeds expectations. He cannot be trusted in the postseason.

The latter is his fatal flaw. And it cannot be tolerated any longer. Not when the franchise is on the cusp of that elusive NBA championship. And by now, it should be obvious to everyone.

Former Suns head coach Monty Williams famously blamed Ayton for quitting on his team during the 2021 NBA Finals. That criticism has always felt a bit heavy-handed and unfair.

But Ayton’s performance against Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets four months ago cannot be rationalized or reconciled; it was a series that convinced Devin Booker and Kevin Durant that the former No. 1 overall draft pick simply does not want it.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
So what type of bet?

Thoughts?

At least half the season? So 41? And how would we count it if say Jerami Grant was the leading scorer but was traded halfway through? If he hit the games threshold it counts?
41 sounds good to me. Yeah, I would say if Grant plays 41 or more games before getting traded, and Ayton never overtakes him the rest of the season, then you win.

So if Ayton doesn’t reach 41 games, we throw out the bet?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes I’m good with that

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:56 pm
I don't always agree with Bickley but this article is spot the fuck on. I'm sure Book and Durant are elated to see him gone. Booker won't have to babysit his ass and keep trying to light a fire in him. That had to be exhausting. Two guys among a few others on the team that had to be shaking their heads, pissed off pretty regularly when Ayton would coast through games and try that weak shit at the rim. He always looked like a giant annoying kid out there wanting to have fun, be goofy, be friends with everyone and coast by on God given athleticism. Even then, his athleticism would take extended breaks while lazy took command. That's not how killers ball.

Good riddance.

Sorry for the harsh words, but the truth hurts. And for all of the great qualities that Ayton possesses — lovable, funny, bursting with personality and style — he is not a serious professional. He talks a great game, but rarely exceeds expectations. He cannot be trusted in the postseason.

The latter is his fatal flaw. And it cannot be tolerated any longer. Not when the franchise is on the cusp of that elusive NBA championship. And by now, it should be obvious to everyone.

Former Suns head coach Monty Williams famously blamed Ayton for quitting on his team during the 2021 NBA Finals. That criticism has always felt a bit heavy-handed and unfair.

But Ayton’s performance against Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets four months ago cannot be rationalized or reconciled; it was a series that convinced Devin Booker and Kevin Durant that the former No. 1 overall draft pick simply does not want it.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
Did you catch his outright lie? Monty never accused Ayton of quitting on his team during the 2021 NBA Finals.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:06 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:

Good riddance.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
Did you catch his outright lie? Monty never accused Ayton of quitting on his team during the 2021 NBA Finals.
Who cares. The points all stand. What a wasted amount of energy over the years being frustrated with Ayton. I'm glad the obsession can be put to rest, other than you blabbering on until he retires around here whenever he has a decent game for Portland or one of the other 5 teams he plays the rest of his career on.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:13 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Good riddance.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
Who cares. The points all stand. What a wasted amount of energy over the years being frustrated with Ayton. I'm glad the obsession can be put to rest, other than you blabbering on until he retires around here whenever he has a decent game for Portland or one of the other 5 teams he plays the rest of his career on.
Lol I probably won’t post much about Ayton’s future exploits. But instead of the threads being filled with frustration about Ayton, they will be filled with posts (including by me) of how frustrating Nurkic is.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:22 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Good riddance.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
Lol I probably won’t post much about Ayton’s future exploits. But instead of the threads being filled with frustration about Ayton, they will be filled with posts (including by me) of how frustrating Nurkic is.
A spade is a spade. If Nurkic plays like shit, he'll hear it from me in a thread. I haven't been afraid to talk shit about Booker when he doesn't have it around here. Same with KD. You can't watch these guys with rose colored lenses and be so devoid of criticism. It blows my mind how fans, including you, just think the world of Ayton and are unable to see inconsistent effort often and absolute soft basketball many nights with an aloof look on his face. For every monster game he'd lay a turd the other 4. It was never about the numbers. He got those because of that God given athletic talent and size. Nobody was ever really intimidated by Ayton. He was just coasting by most of the time.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Good riddance.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
I don’t doubt Monty came down too hard on Ayton. I didn’t approve of Monty’s obvious dick move of not congratulating Ayton on his bag, withholding affection as a move to influence him. But to play Devil’s advocate here, Coach Pop wouldn’t suffer any fools lightly either. He is notorious for being hard on all his players and wasn’t afraid to part with any player who’s personality didn’t share in his mentality.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 pm
That's what happens when you psychologically destroy, misuse, and then give up on the guy you take.
I wish my employer would psychologically destroy me to the tune of $130M. I’d even let them limit my role and expect effort from me.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:07 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 pm
I wish my employer would psychologically destroy me to the tune of $130M. I’d even let them limit my role and expect effort from me.
Ask me to do something, don't give it 100%, give me a massive unwarranted raise? Sign me up lol.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I mean, they even sold me into “understanding” their wrong choice. But WTF? :lol:

Shout out to all of you maniacs who still cared enough during those years. Think of it this way, the Suns are at least as good right now as they would’ve been with Luka.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:37 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

A spade is a spade. If Nurkic plays like shit, he'll hear it from me in a thread. I haven't been afraid to talk shit about Booker when he doesn't have it around here. Same with KD. You can't watch these guys with rose colored lenses and be so devoid of criticism. It blows my mind how fans, including you, just think the world of Ayton and are unable to see inconsistent effort often and absolute soft basketball many nights with an aloof look on his face. For every monster game he'd lay a turd the other 4. It was never about the numbers. He got those because of that God given athletic talent and size. Nobody was ever really intimidated by Ayton. He was just coasting by most of the time.
Amen

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Good riddance.

Not like they do.
Not like we do.
Difference between you and us…. We’re all critiques of the whole team and dish it out when warranted. Nobody else in here is going to come and defend a guy or flame a guy when it’s unwarranted. You’re just doing it to be spiteful because aytons gone. We could win 60 games next year and the championship and you’d still be flaming nurkic. Just because your boy is gone.