DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
JeremyG

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:25 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:54 am
https://www.hrw.org/legacy/campaigns/dr ... hite%20men.
Nationwide, black men are sent to state prison on drug charges at 13 times the rate of white men. Two out of five blacks sent to prison are convicted of drug offenses, compared to one in four whites. Black men are incarcerated at 9.6 times the rate of white men.

;)
82% of drug dealers are white. 49% of the arrested drug dealers were black.
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/rdusda.pdf
Wasn't it Biden's drug bill that caused most of those incarcerations?

Capitol punishment is looking better and better for drug dealers as a punishment for dealing drugs.
I think you meant “capital punishment.” “Capitol punishment” is what you don’t like (“January 6 hostages”). :P

How about instead of capital punishment we reintroduce the concept of liberty? Legalize drugs and you will end the cartels overnight. The war on drugs has done nothing but further the problem.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 am
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Nationwide, black men are sent to state prison on drug charges at 13 times the rate of white men. Two out of five blacks sent to prison are convicted of drug offenses, compared to one in four whites. Black men are incarcerated at 9.6 times the rate of white men.

;)

Capitol punishment is looking better and better for drug dealers as a punishment for dealing drugs.
I think you meant “capital punishment.” “Capitol punishment” is what you don’t like (“January 6 hostages”). :P

How about instead of capital punishment we reintroduce the concept of liberty? Legalize drugs and you will end the cartels overnight. The war on drugs has done nothing but further the problem.
Haha, you're right, I meant capital punishment.

In theory, the idea that drugs are a victimless crime is silly. When someone dies of fentanyl laced drugs, it's not victimless. When someone overdoses, it's not victimless. Most people that die from these have family members that are hurt greatly by their loss.

It also won't end cartels overnight. Cartels are making more money now from human trafficking, sex trafficking and indentured servitude that's trafficked to the US. They are also involved in gun running, arms sales and money laundering. Cartels are much more monetarily diversed than just making money from drugs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 am
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

;)

In theory, the idea that drugs are a victimless crime is silly. When someone dies of fentanyl laced drugs, it's not victimless. When someone overdoses, it's not victimless. Most people that die from these have family members that are hurt greatly by their loss.

It also won't end cartels overnight. Cartels are making more money now from human trafficking, sex trafficking and indentured servitude that's trafficked to the US. They are also involved in gun running, arms sales and money laundering. Cartels are much more monetarily diversed than just making money from drugs.
All while the Sacklers made millions off of legal heroin... I had a doctor put me on more than the legal limit for opiates. By the grace of god I was able to get off of them but it was hell and it was done to me by a doctor. Going through that I have a LOT of empathy for people who are addicted to drug. Drug addiction is a sickness and wrong to treat all of them like criminals. Sure there are some bad apples in there, but like we've established, there's bad apples in every group.

If they legalized all drugs, there's no reason for the cartels to bring stuff in if we can just produce it ourselves. We already have proof of this. Just look at the cannabis market... It killed the drug dealers business. They regulate it (could be better still but it's a new industry) and control how much you can get at a time; granted I'd argue cannabis and fentanyl are massively different. Personally, I don't see a place for fentanyl and think it should be only used for terminal cancer, end of life patients. That crap is insane. Not so fun fact... my pain doc gave me fentanyl patches (to go with the oxycontin I was taking too) and I'm pretty sure I almost overdosed and died on that crap so I stopped taking it. At the time I'd sweat profusely at night and think the patch dosed me more because of the sweat. This was done by my freaking doctor whom I'd say wasn't much more than a drug cartel himself.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Fentanyl is useful for sedation as it’s extremely potent and also wears off quickly. We use it for quick non-surgical procedures that need the patient to be sedated.

Not great as a painkiller though because it’s so potent and wears off quickly. I’m talking about the IV form though. Patches I haven’t dealt with much.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:34 am
Fentanyl is useful for sedation as it’s extremely potent and also wears off quickly. We use it for quick non-surgical procedures that need the patient to be sedated.

Not great as a painkiller though because it’s so potent and wears off quickly. I’m talking about the IV form though. Patches I haven’t dealt with much.
Yea... I forgot about that. My son had to have it for when he broke his arm and they had to set it.

What is it you do Split?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s a complicated subject for sure. Some drugs are definitely worse than others. Pot was/is listed in the same category as Heroin. It’s like comparing baby aspirin to Morphine. Fentanyl has been a big problem.

Fentanyl is a potent synthetic piperidine opioid primarily used as an analgesic. It is 50 times more potent than heroin and 100 times more potent than morphine.

I am not sure what the answer is. Would killing drug dealers stop the influx of Fentanyl? It would certainly put a little more fear in being a drug dealer. Would it matter what drugs they sell? Bill Maher sold pot in college. Would we kill the college student selling pot?

Facts About Fentanyl by the DEA
https://www.dea.gov/resources/facts-about-fentanyl

DEA Intelligence report on Fentanyl.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files ... ates_0.pdf

The DEA write up said the Fentanyl is the leading cause of drug overdose in the US. It’s not like people are saying “I think I will take some Fentanyl”. Dealers are adding Fentanyl to their regular drugs to increase potency and their clients don’t know. There are legitimate fentanyl pills manufactured for medical purposes and people are making knock off pills that look the same but aren’t. It is so potent and there are of course no regulations so, lethal doses are sold to unsuspecting people. Drug dealers selling fentanyl laced stuff seem to be guilty of duping and killing their clients and I would be good with charging them with murder if one of their clients died from their products.

Fentanyl mostly comes from China. Mexico and India are also in the manufacturing game now. China supposedly has cracked down on Fentanyl distribution to other countries. Where there is demand there will be a supply I guess. People are going to do drugs no matter what the law says. Other people are going to make a living supplying drugs. Most people aren’t trying to commit suicide. They just want a different experience.

I watch TV like most and it seems like every day I see a new commercial about a brand new drug on the market that does something we desperately needed. If they can make their products so safe why isn’t there products that are regulated and safe available for those who wish to partake in a different experience? If people are going to do it anyway wouldn’t it be better if what they bought was a regulated product that has the exact amount of whatever that won’t kill you but, give you whatever experience you wanted? Just a thought. Then we would be promoting drugs and that would be bad. So, maybe batter to just make it all illegal and let the drug dealers be the pharmacist.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:

They gave it to me in the hospital after open heart to help me sleep. It worked great for about two hours then it wore off. I would have much preferred NyQuil.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

;)

If drugs were legalized then people would not be buying the fentanyl laced stuff from drug dealers.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:54 am
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

;)

All while the Sacklers made millions off of legal heroin... I had a doctor put me on more than the legal limit for opiates. By the grace of god I was able to get off of them but it was hell and it was done to me by a doctor. Going through that I have a LOT of empathy for people who are addicted to drug. Drug addiction is a sickness and wrong to treat all of them like criminals. Sure there are some bad apples in there, but like we've established, there's bad apples in every group.

If they legalized all drugs, there's no reason for the cartels to bring stuff in if we can just produce it ourselves. We already have proof of this. Just look at the cannabis market... It killed the drug dealers business. They regulate it (could be better still but it's a new industry) and control how much you can get at a time; granted I'd argue cannabis and fentanyl are massively different. Personally, I don't see a place for fentanyl and think it should be only used for terminal cancer, end of life patients. That crap is insane. Not so fun fact... my pain doc gave me fentanyl patches (to go with the oxycontin I was taking too) and I'm pretty sure I almost overdosed and died on that crap so I stopped taking it. At the time I'd sweat profusely at night and think the patch dosed me more because of the sweat. This was done by my freaking doctor whom I'd say wasn't much more than a drug cartel himself.
Sorry about your own experience with doctors that nearly killed you. So much for 'do no harm'.

I have empathy for the users. We have too many people hooked on these drugs. We see them in the streets and the homeless and they need help. We probably all have been touched by at least someone that's died because of fentanyl.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 am
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

;)

If drugs were legalized then people would not be buying the fentanyl laced stuff from drug dealers.
That is certainly one way to deal with it, and perhaps that would be the best. I don't have an answer that fixes everything, and I'm not sure that legalizing all drugs is the answer either.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:40 am
Split T wrote:

Yea... I forgot about that. My son had to have it for when he broke his arm and they had to set it.

What is it you do Split?
I’m a nurse

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:28 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Split T wrote:

What is it you do Split?
I’m a nurse
Oh yea..... My Sister-in-law is an ER nurse and her husband is a Phx Fire Captain. Oh the stories they have, I'm sure you have enough to write a book ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 am
Split T wrote:

They gave it to me in the hospital after open heart to help me sleep. It worked great for about two hours then it wore off. I would have much preferred NyQuil.
Fentanyl seems like a weird med to give to help you sleep…it’ll make you sleepy for sure, but ya it’s gonna wear off fast and not keep you asleep. Where I work it’s really only used for sedation and immediate post op recovery. I have used it for pain with a patient that couldn’t use morphine or dilaudid, but we had to sit by her and remind her to breathe constantly.

Diphenhydramine(the sleep medication in NyQuil) would likely work better as it would be more likely to keep you asleep. Fentanyl would just put you to sleep and wear off 20 minutes later.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:31 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:28 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Split T wrote:

What is it you do Split?
I’m a nurse
Oh yea..... My Sister-in-law is an ER nurse and her husband is a Phx Fire Captain. Oh the stories they have, I'm sure you have enough to write a book ;)
I kinda love not knowing what work is gonna be each day. Always a new experience.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:35 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 am
Split T wrote:

Fentanyl seems like a weird med to give to help you sleep…it’ll make you sleepy for sure, but ya it’s gonna wear off fast and not keep you asleep. Where I work it’s really only used for sedation and immediate post op recovery. I have used it for pain with a patient that couldn’t use morphine or dilaudid, but we had to sit by her and remind her to breathe constantly.

Diphenhydramine(the sleep medication in NyQuil) would likely work better as it would be more likely to keep you asleep. Fentanyl would just put you to sleep and wear off 20 minutes later.
I must have been a weird patient. I heard the stories about how painful open heart surgery was and braced for the worst. I woke up and really had no pain. Other than moving the wrong way or pulling on a tube connected to me I was fine. The collapsed lung thing kind of sucked. It took me a week to recover from that. I sleep on my side or face down and that was impossible for the first several days and I think I asked for anything that would make me sleep because I had to sleep on my back. I didn’t get a drug menu. They gave me fentanyl and when it wore off so fast I decided it sucked as a sleep medicine.

Speaking of reminding to breathe, I had a pace maker hanging near me keeping pace since my two heart chambers decided not to hook up after surgery. They kept me on it for several days hoping my heart would eventually sync up. They kept messing with the speed and when I didn’t breath properly an alarm would go off. I spent one day fighting with that. Every time I would relax and not think about breathing the alarm would go off driving me nuts. They eventually gave up and I now have a permanent pace maker.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Funny, I'm sure they will lose that much value to show up in Ross for a fraction of their original value. I did buy some KDs for my son at Ross for about $30 a few years ago.

Trump's $399 sneakers are already being listed for up to $45,000 on eBay, but can they hold their value?
Provided by Dow Jones
Feb 20, 2024 6:16am
https://www.morningstar.com/news/market ... heir-value

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not surprised if Trump sells shoes and they go up in value at auction. He has millions of adoring fans who actively want to give him their money. I take joy in his failures, so sure I'd love to see his shoe be a big flop, but it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of MAGA boys ended up buying them and strutting around in them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here you go, with a review.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who knew the cell phone data could come back to bite them?