Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
TOO

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:24 am
You think Trump would have flown to Gaza to meet with Palestinians to express his support? Not in this lifetime.
If there is a McDonald's and extra ketchup, he'd go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:24 am
You think Trump would have flown to Gaza to meet with Palestinians to express his support? Not in this lifetime.
I was talking about Palestine, Pennsylvania, USA. Remember when they had the train derailment and toxic spill that the government made worse by lighting it on fire?

When did Biden go to Gaza?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t see a benefit in going to Gaza. Half the country hates Biden for supporting Israel and the other half hates him for supporting the Palestinians. He has tried to split the difference. That hasn’t worked so great.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am
I don’t see a benefit in going to Gaza. Half the country hates Biden for supporting Israel and the other half hates him for supporting the Palestinians. He has tried to split the difference. That hasn’t worked so great.
Why did you say that Trump wouldn't go to Gaza to meet with Palestineans? That had nothing to do with Palestine, PA.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wasn’t thinking PA. Trump would go to PA if he thought he could score some points.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hate myself for saying this but, Trump’s bluster on refusing to protect NATO allies and encouraging Russia to attack them if they don’t come up with enough cash to be included in the club has scared the begeebuz out of Europe and that has them scrambling and taking their responsibilities much more seriously than previously. That coinciding with Russia attacking Ukraine has them wondering if they can count on the US as an ally, which is kind of bad but on the plus side they realize they could be on their own without the US if Trump is elected and are more concerned with defense without just assuming the US will bear all the brunt of any real war.

It’s like good cop bad cop and Trump is definitely the bad cop. Whatever works I guess.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This was unexpected.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Important reporting by Aaron Mate

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's very, very unlikely that Navalny died of natural causes. Don't be a rube.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:33 am
It's very, very unlikely that Navalny died of natural causes. Don't be a rube.
Arrogance is the least admirable & most loathed characteristic a person can have.

I have said that I think it's most likely that Russia killed him, since he was in their custody. You should take up your ire with this Ukrainian. I'm pretty sure that this guy is a CIA asset, so why would the CIA say that he died of a blood clot?

HUR Chief Budanov Says Seems Navalny Died of Detached Blood Clot
Ukraine's intelligence says cause of Russian oppositionist's death aligns with initial assertions made by Kremlin.

by Kyiv Post | February 26, 2024, 8:14 am
https://www.kyivpost.com/post/28630

Lots of conspiracy theories coming out of Ukraine the past few days.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You have a healthy skepticism and cynicism about most media and news. You should use that here, too, rather than eagerly lapping up questionable news like this.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I preferenced the stories. That's about as much as you're going to get me to concede.

You should have just as much skepticism and cynicism for what you are reading also. I'm not going to wait around for Mori Chu to go to Russia to do an autopsy to confirm the results and I'm not going to definitively say that it's exactly how the western media presents the story, because that's not exactly using critical thinking.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It's all a bunch blue dots who pay for Twitter to make money off of clicks. Grift.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition, you take Russia’s side 99.999% of the time. Why is that? Is it just because Trump always does or is it something else?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:28 pm
In2ition, you take Russia’s side 99.999% of the time. Why is that? Is it just because Trump always does or is it something else?
I'm playing devil's advocate. You take the other side 99.999% of the time, and think they are all innocent babies. I'm presenting what could be the other side of that coin. Trump has been against the Russian invasion, he has never been for it.

Have you ever heard the saying, "There's 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth." ?

You seem to think that there is only one side, yet you aren't actually there. You won't even entertain or have any objectivity that there could be another side to the story.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The New York Times disclosed yesterday that the CIA built "12 Secret Spy Bases" in Ukraine, waging a shadow war against Russia for the past decade.

After a U.S.-supported violent coup toppled Ukraine's democratically elected government, CIA Director John Brennan visited Kyiv in April 2014.

Shortly after, the new Ukrainian government launched an "anti-terror operation" against its Russian-speaking citizens in Eastern Ukraine.

For eight years leading up to Russia's invasion in 2022, Ukraine's government, with help from the CIA, relentlessly bombed Eastern Ukraine.

Millions of innocent civilians were caught in the crossfire of a geopolitical chess match between Russia and the United States.

This is part of the story often ignored by the Western press, so you may likely have missed it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here's another theory.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Look, more Twitter bluedots farming conspiracy goons for money on Twitter. Crazy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ukraine paid assassins to go kill brave Tucker. Riiiiight.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:50 pm
The New York Times disclosed yesterday that the CIA built "12 Secret Spy Bases" in Ukraine, waging a shadow war against Russia for the past decade.

After a U.S.-supported violent coup toppled Ukraine's democratically elected government, CIA Director John Brennan visited Kyiv in April 2014.

Shortly after, the new Ukrainian government launched an "anti-terror operation" against its Russian-speaking citizens in Eastern Ukraine.

For eight years leading up to Russia's invasion in 2022, Ukraine's government, with help from the CIA, relentlessly bombed Eastern Ukraine.

Millions of innocent civilians were caught in the crossfire of a geopolitical chess match between Russia and the United States.

This is part of the story often ignored by the Western press, so you may likely have missed it.
I am not buying the Devils advocate thing at all. You are definitely pro Russia in every single post. I don’t know why, but you are. That’s ok if you are. Just own it. The CIA paid hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to come out and protest? Somehow the CIA was behind it all and that’s why their leader fled? Ya right.

The operation was against Russia annexing Crimea which has led to them trying to annex the entire country now and you seem to be cool with it and think the Ukrainians like Poland deserved to be invaded because they refused when threatened instead of just surrendering. I know there were more and more pro Russian people as you get closer to Russia in Ukraine. Russia invaded Crimea and some pro Russian Ukrainians sided with Russia. Armed pro-Russian separatists seized government buildings and proclaimed the independent states of Donetsk and Luhansk, sparking the Donbas war. No doubt there is sort of a civil war in eastern Ukraine.

There is a geopolitical chess match between Russia and the West. It has been going on for many many decades. I know what side I am on. The side that doesn’t believe in a one man dictatorship that murders anyone who dares challenge him in any way. Putin lost the fight for Ukraine’s hearts and minds to the West so, he would rather burn it to the ground and every one who lives there than allow them to join NATO. That’s what this is about.