2024 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2024 NBA Draft

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:28 am
The Decision 2
Coming Summer 2024!
Is Bronny going to have a press conference about where he's going to take his "talents" to?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Watching the NBA combine and Bronny is playing PG, looks like he has no idea what he's doing s far. Couple of very poor passes

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shams repeats that we're actively looking to move our pics. :'(

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d feel ok if we moved Nas Little with the 2 1sts for a stud wing on a rookie deal.

Here’s a few that might qualify(some would only be worth one 1st…some we couldn’t get for both):

Shaedon Sharpe, Taylor Hendricks, Jarace Walker, Moses Moody, Zaire Williams, Dyson Daniels, Jeremy Sochan, Cason Wallace, Trey Murphy III, Jalen Williams, Jalen Johnson, Tari Eason, Jaime Jacquez Jr, Peyton Watson.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am
You act like you're surprised. Besides, I don't care about moving pics, AKA, movies. I'm more interested to see what we do with our picks.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Tari Eason would be nice.

One thought I had watching the Thunder last night is if we could buy low on Giddey. He would help both our size and PG issues. He’s getting played off the floor in the playoffs because of his shooting, but I think we could do a better job of mitigating that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:51 pm

One thought I had watching the Thunder last night is if we could buy low on Giddey. He would help both our size and PG issues. He’s getting played off the floor in the playoffs because of his shooting, but I think we could do a better job of mitigating that.
Just we need, more non shooters to hide. He could join the Okogie club.

"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

They just showed James Jones and Mike Budenholzer at the combines.

As far as the draft, I like Kel'el Ware or Tyler Kolek with the 22nd pick.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’ve heard a lot of Kolek talk…I don’t want to use a pick on a 6’1 backup pg though. If we keep the pick I hope it’s for a big(Yves Missi or Kel’el Ware…not sure about Edey). Then trade 31 and Little for Tari Eason. Sign Kris Dunn and Chuma Okeke. Keep Royce.

Booker/Beal/KD/Eason/Nurk
Dunn/Allen/Royce/Bol/Missi

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What would INF do, with these limited options?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:

Not a bad idea but what would a Giddey deal look like tho? You can pretty much only trade Nurk. Nurk for Giddey and Kenrich Williams works but would OKC do that? Maybe if you added 22 but then that leaves you a huge hole at center and relying on min vets for our center rotation.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am

I don’t doubt we are shopping 22 and ‘31 but not sure what kind deals you making if you’re just using Little.

What is Little and 22 getting you? Even with ‘31.

I think what is most likely is we trade back and pick up more draft assets. Maybe trade back into the early or mid 2nd round and pick up an extra future 1st or maybe 2 future 1st? Then wait until the deadline armed with new flurry of picks to trade and attach to little and Nurk.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We should've expected to hear they're looking to trade the picks. Right or wrong, it's been obvious they'd make that choice.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:24 pm
Shabazz wrote:

Not a bad idea but what would a Giddey deal look like tho? You can pretty much only trade Nurk. Nurk for Giddey and Kenrich Williams works but would OKC do that? Maybe if you added 22 but then that leaves you a huge hole at center and relying on min vets for our center rotation.
Based on what? Lol.

I have zero interest in guys that can't shoot it unless they are plus defenders and he isn't that either. And a PG doesn't solve the issue of the 3 best players being redundant.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:20 pm
We should've expected to hear they're looking to trade the picks. Right or wrong, it's been obvious they'd make that choice.
GMat Ishbia all but said they were going to in his presser.

Carno

Post by Carno »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:18 am
I’d feel ok if we moved Nas Little with the 2 1sts for a stud wing on a rookie deal.

Here’s a few that might qualify(some would only be worth one 1st…some we couldn’t get for both):

Shaedon Sharpe, Taylor Hendricks, Jarace Walker, Moses Moody, Zaire Williams, Dyson Daniels, Jeremy Sochan, Cason Wallace, Trey Murphy III, Jalen Williams, Jalen Johnson, Tari Eason, Jaime Jacquez Jr, Peyton Watson.
I appreciate this post. I've been struggling to understand how moving the pick makes sense. Suns aren't going to get a veteran difference maker with Little's salary no matter how many picks are offered. Attaching a pick to a Nurk trade might make sense if there was an available upgrade at his salary, but there aren't. At least the names above would make some sense, though I'm skeptical those names are any better than just using the pick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:

It'd take a minor fortune to nab Giddey. And I'm worried about how he prefers to shoot from under 18 feet from the hoop. I'm not even sure we could trade for him under the CBA's statutory rules. But at least he really runs the court according to my pedometer.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:27 pm
I’ve heard a lot of Kolek talk…I don’t want to use a pick on a 6’1 backup pg though. If we keep the pick I hope it’s for a big(Yves Missi or Kel’el Ware…not sure about Edey). Then trade 31 and Little for Tari Eason. Sign Kris Dunn and Chuma Okeke. Keep Royce.

Booker/Beal/KD/Eason/Nurk
Dunn/Allen/Royce/Bol/Missi
I wouldn't worry about starter vs backup in this draft. We have enough stars on our team that everyone else just needs to be a solid role player. The way this team is built, we should be able to win with a PG in the talent range of Derek Fisher and Mario Chalmers.

Still, I'd be happy with Missi or Ware if they are available.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya that’s true…I just don’t like the idea of adding a 6’1 guard to the roster if we’re counting on them to play. We are too small as is. If we do, it better be a great defender(not Pat Bev because he’s the worst, but that idea). Kolek is not that.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I definitely agree that we need more size at the 3-5 spots.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan