Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump 2024

Post by In2ition »

Trump doing a rally in the Bronx.

Trump plans audacious Bronx rally but congressman says his borough won't be fooled
Trump believes he can win New York despite Biden taking more than 60% of the vote in 2020

By Michael Dorgan Fox News
Published May 19, 2024 9:06am EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ont-fooled?
Deep blue New York is in play.

In a major throwdown to Democrats, former President Trump will host a campaign rally in the Bronx on Thursday as he sets his sights on flipping the Empire State red this November, a situation that would have been unfathomable in 2021 when he departed the White House.

Trump’s campaign announced Friday night that Thursday’s rally will take place at 6 p.m. in Crotona Park, a 127-acre public park just blocks away from the boundary line of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s district. The New York Post reports that the campaign has a permit to fit 3,500 people into the space...
It will mark Trump’s first rally in the state since an upstate Buffalo event in 2016. Biden topped Trump with 76% of the city's vote in the 2020 election. Statewide, Biden took 60.87% of the vote...
Rep. Ritchie John Torres, a Democrat who represents New York's 15th Congressional District, where the rally is being held, blasted the former president in a statement to Fox News Digital.

"The South Bronx has no greater enemy than Donald Trump, who is on a mission to dismantle the social safety net on which Bronx families depend for their survival," Torres said. "Trump is and has always been a fraud. The South Bronx – the most Democratic area in the nation – will not buy the snake oil that he is selling...

It will be interesting to see if Mr. Torres is right or not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe he can resurrect some oldy but goody promises from the first time he ran.

Trump campaign promises - Quickly end inner-city violence, which Trump has repeatedly compared to war zones. “I’ll be able to make sure that when you walk down the street in your inner city, or wherever you are, you’re not gonna be shot. Your child isn’t gonna be shot.”

“Every action I take, I will ask myself: Does this make life better for young Americans in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson who have as much of a right to live out their dreams as any other child America?”

Rebuild and fix inner cities, especially Detroit. “The inner cities are unbelievably dangerous. The education is no good, the safety is horrible, and there are no jobs. And I tell everybody: ‘What the hell do you have to lose?’ I’m going to fix it.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm still waiting for Biden to cure cancer like he promised, but I'm afraid that the people that make money from cancer probably don't want it cured.

Should I hold that against him as just another promise he didn't keep? I think it works with everyone that runs for office and makes big promises.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:37 pm
I'm still waiting for Biden to cure cancer like he promised, but I'm afraid that the people that make money from cancer probably don't want it cured.

Should I hold that against him as just another promise he didn't keep? I think it works with everyone that runs for office and makes big promises.
Maybe he should just pour some bleach on it. I bet that works.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:45 pm
In2ition wrote:

You know he never actually said that, right?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:48 pm
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Right, he said to drink it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:

No he didn't, but you believed that he did?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I saw the press conference.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:

I saw the press conference.
Then you misheard. Even Politifact says it's not true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:

I don't see why it's a bad thing that Biden said he wants to work to eradicate cancer; we should all want that. In terms of getting it done, he did create a "moonshot initiative" to work on it. The latest is that the GOP in Congress voted against funding for Biden to work on cures for cancer:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 525016007/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
Trump did talk specifically about injecting bleach into the body and about using light inside the body (?) to fight COVID. The following is a direct quote from Trump's press conference:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/2 ... ear-484399
"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that."
It reads just as stupid now as it did then. What a buffoon.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 3:04 pm
In2ition wrote:

I don't see why it's a bad thing that Biden said he wants to work to eradicate cancer; we should all want that. In terms of getting it done, he did create a "moonshot initiative" to work on it. The latest is that the GOP in Congress voted against funding for Biden to work on cures for cancer:

I agree that we should try to do that. I lost my mom to cancer, along with an couple uncles. I also think that Trump's pledge to make the inner city neighborhoods safer is good too.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 3:10 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I agree that we should try to do that. I lost my mom to cancer, along with an couple uncles. I also think that Trump's pledge to make the inner city neighborhoods safer is good too.
His pledge was for votes. He did absolutely nothing to help inner cities unless you call insulting them helping.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:22 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 3:10 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:

His pledge was for votes. He did absolutely nothing to help inner cities unless you call insulting them helping.
Wrong. Of course, this is complete nonsense TDS from a Trump hater, so I didn't expect anything else from you.

This is what he did for the black community during his presidency, such as:
1. He signed a $360 million grant to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities last year — by far the most that any president has ever appropriated for HBCUs. Even America’s first black president, Barack Obama, never allocated that much money to HBCUs.
2. President Trump’s “Opportunity Zones” initiative is spurring even more economic growth in underdeveloped communities around the country. Through targeted tax incentives, the initiative is projected to generate approximately $100 billion of new private investment in communities that need it most.
3. The national black unemployment rate is at an all-time low of 5.5 percent. Unemployment for black women is even lower, at just 4.4 percent, before the pandemic closed businesses and put people out of work.
4. More importantly, the overall black-white employment gap was smaller than it had ever been.
5. The FIRST STEP Act also included significant reforms to address recidivism, such as helping prisons improve their rehabilitation programs and allowing non-violent inmates to earn early-release credits for good behavior more easily. Thanks to this legislation, non-violent inmates will now be equipped with the professional and social skills they need to become productive members of society following their release.
6. Under Trump, poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data.
7. The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump it seems did more than I thought. I noticed you left out a link on purpose signifying it came from a pro Trump site.

Trump campaign promises - Quickly end inner-city violence, which Trump has repeatedly compared to war zones. “I’ll be able to make sure that when you walk down the street in your inner city, or wherever you are, you’re not gonna be shot. Your child isn’t gonna be shot.”

“Every action I take, I will ask myself: Does this make life better for young Americans in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson who have as much of a right to live out their dreams as any other child America?”

Rebuild and fix inner cities, especially Detroit. “The inner cities are unbelievably dangerous. The education is no good, the safety is horrible, and there are no jobs. And I tell everybody: ‘What the hell do you have to lose?’ I’m going to fix it.”

I take it back. He quickly ended inner-city violence. Nobody was shot in any big cities while he was President and he totally rebuilt and fixed them all like he said, except in the next election he went right back to bashing all those cities and the high crime etc.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:56 am
Trump it seems did more than I thought. I noticed you left out a link on purpose signifying it came from a pro Trump site.

I take it back. He quickly ended inner-city violence. Nobody was shot in any big cities while he was President and he totally rebuilt and fixed them all like he said, except in the next election he went right back to bashing all those cities and the high crime etc.
Wrong again. I came up with the list myself a long time ago. I may have taken pieces here and there, but I put it together myself with the things I knew that he did.

You think he was going to completely end inner-city violence with a snap of his fingers? I know you don't think that's possible, and yet you mock it like it's a knock against him. This isn't a serious back and forth it seems. You know that you can criticize certain aspects of places, because of policies and at the same time try to make it much better, right?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nikki Haley has endorsed Trump for President. Some people are mad about this or say it's cowardly of her. Which it is, but, I never expected any different. She was always hesitant to criticize Dear Leader until it seemed necessary for her campaign; and then after bowing out, she didn't tell her supporters not to vote for him. So I think it was always clear that she'd come around to this. They all do. Some of them are braver than others, but in the end, the party is what matters. So of course she was going to eventually endorse Trump.

What is kind of funny is that ~ 20-25% of GOP voters continue to vote Haley in these primaries, seemingly as an anti-Trump protest vote. I hope enough of those good souls refuse to vote for Trump in the general election (maybe a few will even vote for Sleepy Joe).

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You think he was going to completely end inner-city violence with a snap of his fingers? I know you don't think that's possible, and yet you mock it like it's a knock against him.
Of course I didn’t think he would completely end inner-city violence with a snap of his fingers. I mock because HE said he would. Anyone with a half a brain knows it was total bs, just like zeroing the deficit, a much better health care system and Mexico paying for the wall. Grandiose promises during an election that of course will never come true and yet he still makes them and his cult believe every word.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Trump speech to the Libertarian Party is really something. They booed the crap out of him. He asked them to vote for him, but when they wouldn't stop booing for him, he started talking smack. At one point he says, "Go ahead and keep getting your 3% every 4 years." LOL.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He promised to put Libertarians in key positions if elected. Dangling a carrot.