RIP Morgan Spurlock

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Kryptonic

RIP Morgan Spurlock

Post by Kryptonic »

Sad news.. Really enjoyed his content he put out over the years. Hadn't realized he'd stepped back because of #MeToo stuff he did, but sounds like he owned it all.

Morgan Spurlock, 'Super Size Me' director, dead at 53
The 'Super Size Me' director passed away from cancer

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/m ... or-dead-53

Superbone

Re: RIP Morgan Spurlock

Post by Superbone »

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if all that McDonalds is what caused the cancer. I'm half joking. Wasn't aware of the #MeToo stuff. I only ever saw his Super Size Me but it made an impression. The biggest being during the post movie credits when he showed how long their fries look the same. Hint: Over a year. Can't remember the exact details.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

He had great stuff. RIP :(
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sad that he passed so young; RIP. I didn't know about any Me Too stuff with him, that's a shame. I had read that his Super Size Me documentary has been widely discredited. Many others have attempted to replicate the results he found in the doc and failed. It's now believed that the actual negative symptoms he saw during that doc were more likely caused by side effects of his alcoholism, which he did not disclose in the doc. Still sad to see anybody gone before their time.