2024 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2024 NBA Draft

Post by In2ition »

Flex is catching strays here, haha.

I would rather that the Suns make a trade to get another pick later, because I really am hoping to get Edey. Of course, he probably get's picked earlier than 22, so it would be mute.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would genuinely take Bronny if Lebron came here to finish his career. But I think recently Lebron backed off on that promise, saying he might not come play wherever Bronny signs? And as others have said, would he really just toss away $50m? My guess is that they'll put the word out that the Lakers need to draft Bronny and then Lebron will resign at a max. They're probably playing a few other teams like Phoenix to put a little pressure on LAL to get them to commit to drafting Bronny and going along with it. My guess is they both remain on the Lakers.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Lebron is a billionaire. He can afford to sign for peanuts.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Trade Beal for LBJ. Problem solved.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just gotta get Beal on board

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:26 pm
Trade Beal for LBJ. Problem solved.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:54 pm

I would rather that the Suns make a trade to get another pick later, because I really am hoping to get Edey. Of course, he probably get's picked earlier than 22, so it would be mute.
I'm not overly impressed with either as a prospect, but I'm willing to bet Bronny has a better NBA career than Edey.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:34 pm
In2ition wrote:

I'm not overly impressed with either as a prospect, but I'm willing to bet Bronny has a better NBA career than Edey.
I think Edey has enough touch and smarts to have a good career. Bronny how ever, we've already got one of those in Okogie.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I think Edey has enough touch and smarts to have a good career. Bronny how ever, we've already got one of those in Okogie.
You're seeing something I'm not with "touch and smarts". His cement shoes will prevent him from being better than a Josh Okogie type.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:07 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You're seeing something I'm not with "touch and smarts". His cement shoes will prevent him from being better than a Josh Okogie type.
He tested pretty well at the combine for a guy his size, ya lost in the Bronny having cement shoes part though. I don't see why Edey doesn't end up at least a Zubac level starter for someone.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm saying Edey's cement shoes will mean even a Josh Okogie type will end up having a better career.

And I don't believe in the NBA combine. They're not being drafted for a HORSE competition.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:17 pm
I'm saying Edey's cement shoes will mean even a Josh Okogie type will end up having a better career.

And I don't believe in the NBA combine. They're not being drafted for a HORSE competition.
Ah, yeah it's not a great measuring stick but he's probably athletic enough to carve out a role. Really depends on where he lands, like if you can protect him with Wemby and just be absurdly large in the paint. Also could go Tskalidis and be totally worthless.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think Bronny is an NBA level player. Edey on the other hand should have several years in the league and imo will be just fine.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Lol Kleen is talking like Bronny a legitimate player with nba skills. Lol yeah just don’t get bullied by Rich Paul.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think any of us really know whether Bronny is an nba player or not…time will tell

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 4:09 am
I don’t think any of us really know whether Bronny is an nba player or not…time will tell
Well, there's no convincing evidence that he is so far.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 7:52 am
Split T wrote:
There’s no convincing evidence that he won’t be either

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 7:59 am
The Bobster wrote:
Split T wrote:
Yes, there is. The fact that he sucked in college for a USC team who could have theoretically really used his help if he were any good. The fact that he already has had a major health scare (heart problems) as a freshman. The fact that he's 6'1" when people seem to have been lying and saying he was 6'4" or more for over a year now. And so on. There are lots of warning signs with this kid.

He averaged 4.8 ppg, 2.1 ast, and 2.8 reb in college. He shot 36.6% FG and 26.7% from 3. He can't even hit FTs, only 67.6% from there. All of these are evidence that he likely won't be a successful NBA player.

You can say that you think he'll be good; you can say you think the heart thing was a one-off anomaly, that he'll continue to grow and improve, whatever. But you can't say that there is zero evidence that he's not good enough to be an NBA player. It's all around us.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... mes-1.html

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:32 am
Split T wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 7:59 am
The Bobster wrote:
Split T wrote:
Yes, there is. The fact that he sucked in college for a USC team who could have theoretically really used his help if he were any good. The fact that he already has had a major health scare (heart problems) as a freshman. The fact that he's 6'1" when people seem to have been lying and saying he was 6'4" or more for over a year now. And so on. There are lots of warning signs with this kid.

He averaged 4.8 ppg, 2.1 ast, and 2.8 reb in college. He shot 36.6% FG and 26.7% from 3. He can't even hit FTs, only 67.6% from there. All of these are evidence that he likely won't be a successful NBA player.

You can say that you think he'll be good; you can say you think the heart thing was a one-off anomaly, that he'll continue to grow and improve, whatever. But you can't say that there is zero evidence that he's not good enough to be an NBA player. It's all around us.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... mes-1.html
That’s not convincing enough to me…GG Jackson was bad in college basketball last year. He was a great rookie for Memphis.

I don’t really put any weight into Bronny’s freshman season. He missed half the year with the aforementioned cardiac scare…it’s basically a write off year for me. I don’t think anyone thought he was 6’4…he’s always been listed 6’2 to 6’3 from what I’ve seen.

He’s a bit smaller than you’d like, but we’re talking about being an nba player, not a star. By all accounts he showed out well at the combine. His defense has always been applauded. 6’2 215, smart player who can defend. He sounds like an off ball guard who might be able to play POA defense. There’s a place in the nba for that if he can hit shots. Pat Bev, Jose Alvarado, Avery Bradley, Davion Mitchell, etc.

My point was more that no one on this board knows what he’s gonna be in the nba. We like to pretend like we know at times(myself included) but prospect evaluation is a crapshoot(even for professionals at times). I think Bronny especially is ripe for this. There’s a large group that only thinks he’s even an nba prospect because he’s Lebron’s son and ignore anything positive said about him. That combined with what I think is a throw away year for evaluation purposes leaves him basically as a complete unknown to me.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
If he wasn’t a nepo baby he would not even be coming out for the draft.