DBacks!

Discuss most anything you want.
No political discussions, please!
User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 5043
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: AZ
Mood:

Re: DBacks!

Post by Kryptonic »

Image

Opening day! Let’s forget that crap start to the team with 3x our salary cap.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 30, 2026 6:27 pm
Image

Opening day! Let’s forget that crap start to the team with 3x our salary cap.
Great game, other than that 7th inning bullpen fiasco.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Jose Hernandez. Gets called up yesterday. 22 years old. First game. 3 for 4 with 2 homeruns in his debut (8th player in MLB HISTORY), including the go ahead game winning HR in the 8th!

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
Charlie Smithy!
Posts: 1868
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Damn he back from the dead
Man-Man Fan-Fan, Peat is Neat - and I'm in love with TOO's two feet.

TOO
Posts: 14267
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by TOO »

Charlie Smithy! wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 01, 2026 11:44 am
Damn he back from the dead
Straight off the boat.
Man-Man Fan-Fan, Peat is Neat.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Marte heating up, Carroll getting triples like nobody's business and the team has been playing great baseball.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
Kryptonic
Posts: 5043
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Location: AZ
Mood:

Re: DBacks!

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2026 9:21 pm
Marte heating up, Carroll getting triples like nobody's business and the team has been playing great baseball.
They’re wrecking it lately…. Just insane play by Carrol and his bat. One guy I was hoping would be up where Marte and Carroll are is Lourdes Gurriel jr…. Ever since his injury he hasn’t been the same.

User avatar
BKinSJC
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Southern California

Re: DBacks!

Post by BKinSJC »

DBacks update, for the final weekend of the season:

The team goes to play its last three games in San Diego, still mathematically alive for the playoffs but not in control of its own destiny. They need to make up two games on Philadelphia in the final three, in order to sneak into the Wild Card. Third year in a row, since the World Series run in 2023, that they're alive into (or beyond) the last few games, but they'll once again almost certainly fall short. In other words - stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. :cry:

Down years from a bunch of guys, but on the plus side, Gabriel Moreno has come through and is the best catcher in baseball now.

Nevertheless, across baseball it's been a fun season. The Brewers, with a modest payroll, are the best team going. The White Sox have recovered from back-to-back-to-back 100 loss seasons to make the playoffs. The AL West is a dumpster fire that might finish with every team below .500, but unfortunately someone has to win it and it looks like it might be the cheating Astros again. And Pete Crow-Armstrong for the Cubs is having a freaking historic MVP season, with 40+ homers and stolen bases and Willie Mays-level defense in center field. (Cubs are also back in the playoffs. Good year for Chicago fans).

Baseball has also, in general, made games move along better over the last few years, and their pitching ball/strike challenge thing has worked really well. It's fast, limited, and the implementation makes sense. It's become my second-favorite sport to follow, and I even occasionally watch full games.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

BKinSJC wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:27 am
DBacks update, for the final weekend of the season:

The team goes to play its last three games in San Diego, still mathematically alive for the playoffs but not in control of its own destiny. They need to make up two games on Philadelphia in the final three, in order to sneak into the Wild Card. Third year in a row, since the World Series run in 2023, that they're alive into (or beyond) the last few games, but they'll once again almost certainly fall short. In other words - stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. :cry:

Down years from a bunch of guys, but on the plus side, Gabriel Moreno has come through and is the best catcher in baseball now.

Nevertheless, across baseball it's been a fun season. The Brewers, with a modest payroll, are the best team going. The White Sox have recovered from back-to-back-to-back 100 loss seasons to make the playoffs. The AL West is a dumpster fire that might finish with every team below .500, but unfortunately someone has to win it and it looks like it might be the cheating Astros again. And Pete Crow-Armstrong for the Cubs is having a freaking historic MVP season, with 40+ homers and stolen bases and Willie Mays-level defense in center field. (Cubs are also back in the playoffs. Good year for Chicago fans).

Baseball has also, in general, made games move along better over the last few years, and their pitching ball/strike challenge thing has worked really well. It's fast, limited, and the implementation makes sense. It's become my second-favorite sport to follow, and I even occasionally watch full games.
100% to everything you said here, especially your last paragraph. Agree completely.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Phillies lost again and we smoked the Padres. 1 game back!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 6316
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: DBacks!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Phillies got rocked and we laid an egg. Putting Jose Cabrera cost us the game and postseason, potentially. Not a fan of Torrey this game. Terrible coaching.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
BKinSJC
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Southern California

Re: DBacks!

Post by BKinSJC »

Alive until the last day of the season, but ultimately too little, too late. They have work to do in the offseason. Marte needs to figure out if he wants to be here. If he doesn't they needs to extract value from him and move on. They have to hope for better health from their pitching staff and especially a return from Burnes. I don't know if the front office and coaching staff can all come back. Competitive, sure, not quite good enough year after year starts to wear thin after a while.

I'll pull for the Padres, Brewers, and Cubs on the NL side, and root against the Dodgers. I don't really have an AL team, but the White Sox would be a fun story and I'll hope the Yankees and Asstros don't advance.

Post Reply