2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 42138
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Mood:

2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Superbone »

The Phoenix Suns 2026-27 Media Day is scheduled for Monday, September 28, 2026.

The event marks the unofficial start of the team's 2026–27 NBA season, taking place in the local market just before training camps open on September 29, 2026.

Key Season Details

Head Coach: Jordan Ott
Training Camp Opens: September 29, 2026
Preseason Opener: October 5, 2026 (at Detroit Pistons)
Regular Season Opener: October 21, 2026 (at Portland Trail Blazers)
Home Opener: October 24, 2026 vs. Golden State Warriors

I'm going to be out of town with my girlfriend starting tomorrow until early next month so I may not be posting much for a while but I figured I should start this thread for you all! Post the media day videos here as well as news and videos during training camp. It's hereeeeeeeee! (almost)

Image
Synchronicity and all that jazz, man.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 27042
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am
Mood:

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Mori Chu »

HECK YEAH!

Do we also want to do some kind of "counting" thread? Counting down the days, counting up in Suns-related uni numbers, etc.?

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 42138
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Mood:

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Superbone »

2026-27 Season Preview: Phoenix Suns
Devin Booker, Dillon Brooks and Jalen Green will look to bring more excitement and winning basketball to Phoenix this season.


https://www.nba.com/news/2026-27-season-preview-phx
Preseason Storylines
Who starts at center to open the season?

That question suddenly looms large for Phoenix with Mark Williams (shoulder) sidelined for several months. Oso Ighodaro and Khaman Maluach will both have opportunities to fill that void, while the Suns reportedly added 30-year-old Duop Reath to join the competition.

Ighodaro played in all 82 games last season, developing into one of Phoenix’s most versatile defenders.

Maluach, meanwhile, enters Year 2 with momentum. The No. 10 pick in the 2025 Draft averaged 19.5 points, 12.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks across four Summer League games, earning Second Team All-Summer League honors.

Then there’s Reath, who spent his first three NBA seasons with Portland, posting 6.2 points per game in 146 outings.

With five preseason games before Opening Night, the Suns will get an early look at all three options in the middle.
Synchronicity and all that jazz, man.

User avatar
Uncle_Gene
Posts: 1096
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Anyone know who's going to show media day online ?
Phoenix Suns 2026-27 NBA Champions !

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 27042
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am
Mood:

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Mori Chu »

Reddit thread for media day:

Can anybody find a live stream? I don't see anything on YouTube yet.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Sup everyone
Back from my usual summer hiatus
Shout out to the regulars who keep posting through those Dawg days 8-)

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Couple thoughts from Goodie



SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mr. Polarizing figure
Said it all last yr, I have no issue with the kid and hopes he along with Ott can help/figure out him be more efficient

Media day is always when everything sounds good in theory and I'm sure we will discuss his role again all season 😳🤐



SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Another off-season topic
Kennard volume trying to replace Grayson

Kennard saying "learnt alot since I've been here" and "great group of guys"
Followed by Oso comments

Good to see that the guys obviously been in the gym early again working with each other.



SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Another topic
Our defense at the forward spot



I would have posted an Assists clip saying that I didn't realize Bridges had that in his game. Collin's take

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »





Not at all surprised to see a mature answer from Man Man

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Like these two quotes from Ott
Would be nice if he has "indeed learnt" from last season. His in game adjustments and handling of Rasheer

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 7659
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Barbados, Caribbean

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ok that's me trying to do my best "ShelC" and "Superbone"

Tried to get sound bytes from the main characters although I didn't post anything from The Villain....
Think we all kinda know where his head is at by now :lol:
:lol:

All jokes aside, New signings once again mention what he brings and excited to play with him
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Gladiator
Posts: 2302
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:08 am

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks for posting - there’s some great content there! It’s definitely positivity season, with exciting possibilities everywhere.
It will be interesting to see how the center position shakes out and how Ott uses the depth and options we have generally in the roster. We can actually throw some different looks out there rather than variations on the same (small ball) theme we saw last year. I hope we lean into that and really explore the options.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 7370
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:32 pm
Ok that's me trying to do my best "ShelC" and "Superbone"

Tried to get sound bytes from the main characters although I didn't post anything from The Villain....
Think we all kinda know where his head is at by now :lol:
:lol:

All jokes aside, New signings once again mention what he brings and excited to play with him
Thanks for all that. It's great for those of us who aren't on major social media platforms.
"Hey, Jane - get me off this crazy thing called love." - Charlie, but also Suns fans wishing we didn't have to watch more 4th quarter small ball but knowing we will tune in for the next game.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 7370
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by O_Gardino »

If Miles really can be a great defender and Green can be a better creator, then the team will be very much improved. IMO those are some big IFs.
"Hey, Jane - get me off this crazy thing called love." - Charlie, but also Suns fans wishing we didn't have to watch more 4th quarter small ball but knowing we will tune in for the next game.

JJ Slim
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by JJ Slim »

Definitely thanks for all the media posts. I've got a few comments about them:
1. Ott's comments on Green - "We often forget how young he is" He is 24 but that is still pretty young and we have seen some flashes that excite us. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year and get some consistency.
2. Did you see the guns on Oso!! It looks like he plans on driving to the rim more. Hopefully he has worked on his FT's and makes it worth it.
3. MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. I'm almost as excited about Rasheer as I am for #3!!

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 27042
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am
Mood:

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey bajanguy, I really want to thank you for all these Media Day posts; you did an admirable job filling in for the regulars we take for granted. It's fun watching these clips and quotes from the guys. I really hope Maluach makes a big improvement this year. But the guy I'm most rooting for is Fleming; Coach Ott needs to unleash this guy and let him play.

Online
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 30842
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Utah

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Post by Split T »

I am drinking the kool-aid…it’s just more fun to believe…even if I’m setting myself up for disappointment haha

Everyone always says the right things at media day(almost everyone), but it is still always nice to hear. I’ve said my piece about Miles Bridges on this team at all, but I do appreciate that he’s talking about defense and rebounding.

Man Man just might save the whole squad…and I saw it mentioned somewhere that Jalen Green spent the offseason working with Steve Nash on playmaking…if he gleaned even 5% of what Nash could do, he’ll be a lot better.

Think the only person I’m probably a bit down on is Dunn…I just don’t see his role anymore. I think he’s been supplanted basically in every possible role.

I hope Maluach can start, because I thibk Oso with the bench guys just makes a lot of sense. Oso trading handoffs with Kennard and Gillespie has the potential to crush 2nd units. Add Goodwin terrorizing the glass and opposing guards with Fleming chipping in and I’m pretty excited about the bench.

Post Reply