Page 2 of 2

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:20 pm
by JJ Slim
I just realized it is only a week from today that I get to see these guys in their first preseason game. It will be nice to see Booker and Brooks but I really hope the rest of the squad plays most of the game.

Re: 2026-27 Phoenix Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:19 pm
by Gladiator
Split T wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:15 pm
I am drinking the kool-aid…it’s just more fun to believe…even if I’m setting myself up for disappointment haha

Everyone always says the right things at media day(almost everyone), but it is still always nice to hear. I’ll try to leave my non-basketball feelings about Bridges on the team in the past, but I do appreciate that he’s talking about defense and rebounding on the court.

Man Man just might save the whole squad…and I saw it mentioned somewhere that Jalen Green spent the offseason working with Steve Nash on playmaking…if he gleaned even 5% of what Nash could do, he’ll be a lot better.

Think the only person I’m probably a bit down on is Dunn…I just don’t see his role anymore. I think he’s been supplanted basically in every possible role.

I hope Maluach can start, because I thibk Oso with the bench guys just makes a lot of sense. Oso trading handoffs with Kennard and Gillespie has the potential to crush 2nd units. Add Goodwin terrorizing the glass and opposing guards with Fleming chipping in and I’m pretty excited about the bench.
I think our bench will be a real strength this year and run a lot of teams off the court. Sadly, our starting 5 looms as a relative weakness (play making, spacing/three point shooting and potentially rebounding don’t look great to me).