Midwest living

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Midwest living

Post by Indy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:49 am

It is going to get all the way up to 43 on Saturday. That is like a heat wave in February. Like 60 degrees warmer than it was a couple weeks ago.

jonh

Post by jonh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:49 am
It is going to get all the way up to 43 on Saturday. That is like a heat wave in February. Like 60 degrees warmer than it was a couple weeks ago.
This conversation is not leaving me feeling exciting about moving. :D
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

Indy

Post by Indy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 am

jonh wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:33 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:49 am
This conversation is not leaving me feeling exciting about moving. :D
Everything is an experience, and life experiences help you grow. And you can pretty much adjust to anything--the winters suck a lot more thinking about it than actually living in it. It is like the 117 days in Phoenix, or even the 100 degree, 99% humidity days in your part of the world. I have lived in all of those climates and they aren't all that different of extremes. You and your family will adjust quicker than you think.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

How's the Midwest these days? Been a few months since this topic was discussed. jonh, you adjusting?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy » Fri May 17, 2019 4:58 am

It stopped snowing here a couple weeks ago, so there is that.

jonh

Post by jonh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm
How's the Midwest these days? Been a few months since this topic was discussed. jonh, you adjusting?
Yeah, we moved over at the end of May, but had several trips that have kept us out of Nebraska over the last few months.

We have actually loved being here much more than we were thinking! Nice community, with lots of family-friendly and cultural activities (we are going to see Hamilton in Omaha next month). It helps that we are about a block away from one of the largest lakes and parks in the city. The bike paths have also been really nice, and I have actually been riding the 6 miles into work whenever I have been home--prepping for a triathlon sprint next month.

Of course, I feel like this is the equivalent of asking how a relationship is going after only being together a few months. Ill probably have a much more accurate answer to how we like it after our first February.
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

Indy

Post by Indy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:41 am

jonh wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:24 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm
Yeah, we moved over at the end of May, but had several trips that have kept us out of Nebraska over the last few months.

We have actually loved being here much more than we were thinking! Nice community, with lots of family-friendly and cultural activities (we are going to see Hamilton in Omaha next month). It helps that we are about a block away from one of the largest lakes and parks in the city. The bike paths have also been really nice, and I have actually been riding the 6 miles into work whenever I have been home--prepping for a triathlon sprint next month.

Of course, I feel like this is the equivalent of asking how a relationship is going after only being together a few months. Ill probably have a much more accurate answer to how we like it after our first February.
Might want to wait until the end of April to make that judgement. ;)