Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14058
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by Superbone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:40 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm
The crazy thing is, had we better allocated the $15M we rushed to pay Ariza, we probably could have fielded a team that could have hit 30 wins. For example, imagine if we have Randle $10M and Napier $3M. Or even retained Elfrid.

I’m of the opinion that Napier (or Payton)/Booker/Warren (or Bridges)/Randle/Ayton is worth at least 9 more wins than Canaan/Booker/Paycheck Ariza/Anderson/Ayton.
Yep, McDonough owes me $110.
Didn’t you place that bet after McD’s moves?
Shut up.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14058
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by Superbone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm
The crazy thing is, had we better allocated the $15M we rushed to pay Ariza, we probably could have fielded a team that could have hit 30 wins. For example, imagine if we have Randle $10M and Napier $3M. Or even retained Elfrid.

I’m of the opinion that Napier (or Payton)/Booker/Warren (or Bridges)/Randle/Ayton is worth at least 9 more wins than Canaan/Booker/Paycheck Ariza/Anderson/Ayton.
Schroeder would have been another great pickup at PG. If we had spent the money on Randle and Schroeder, I have no doubt we’d have won 30 or more games.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3467
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by Shabazz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 am

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm
The crazy thing is, had we better allocated the $15M we rushed to pay Ariza, we probably could have fielded a team that could have hit 30 wins. For example, imagine if we have Randle $10M and Napier $3M. Or even retained Elfrid.

I’m of the opinion that Napier (or Payton)/Booker/Warren (or Bridges)/Randle/Ayton is worth at least 9 more wins than Canaan/Booker/Paycheck Ariza/Anderson/Ayton.
Schroeder would have been another great pickup at PG. If we had spent the money on Randle and Schroeder, I have no doubt we’d have won 30 or more games.
Gross.
Point Guard Needed. Apply here.

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4348
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by ShelC » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:31 am

I was big on Schroeder in the offseason and thought he would've been a good fit. I also would've given Tony Parker that 1 year 15 mil deal.

User avatar
Wormwood
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by Wormwood » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 am

Split T wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 am
I won’t try to get into specifics of what we’ll do, because I’ll definitely be wrong, but i think there is an outline we’ll follow.

1. Add a starting PG
2. Add a starting PF
3. Trim off some young players
4. Add another vet or 2

99% sure they’ll be here next year
1. Booker
2. Ayton
90% sure they’ll be here next year
3. Bridges
4. Oubre
75% sure they’ll be here next year
5. Richaun Holmes
60% sure they’ll be here next year
6. Tyler Johnson - Will be trade bait if we land another vet pg
7. Josh Jackson - Lean towards thinking we’ll keep him
50-50
8. Elie Okobo - Don’t see us keeping both him and Melton
9. DeAnthony Melton
10. Dragan Bender
11. Jamal Crawford - Would like him back as a mentor
12. George King
25% Chance they’ll be here
13. Ray Spalding
14. Troy Daniels
15. TJ Warren - Pretty sure he’s gone...
16. Jimmer
This is a pretty good take. However, I'd move Crawford and Jackson to the 25% column, and put Daniels, Warren, Jimmer, Spalding, and Bender at "near zero".

Jackson was bad on the court, and he failed at the fan interaction piece of it too. We have 4 wing men (Bridges, Warren, Oubre, Jackson). We may end up with the 3rd pick. Thus, I think Jackson and Warren are gone in trades for a servicable PG or PF.

MightyMoog
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by MightyMoog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:40 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm
The crazy thing is, had we better allocated the $15M we rushed to pay Ariza, we probably could have fielded a team that could have hit 30 wins. For example, imagine if we have Randle $10M and Napier $3M. Or even retained Elfrid.

I’m of the opinion that Napier (or Payton)/Booker/Warren (or Bridges)/Randle/Ayton is worth at least 9 more wins than Canaan/Booker/Paycheck Ariza/Anderson/Ayton.
Yep, McDonough owes me $110.
Didn’t you place that bet after McD’s moves?
Did we really think the Laker's were gonna be that stupid at the opening of FA?

Post Reply