2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 am
Knight, Bender, Chriss, Chandler, Dudley have no trade value. None.

Going into the season with Knight, Okobo, and Harrison will get us a top 3 pick next year as well. Not really wanting to sit through another one of those type seasons. I'm not hating on Okobo. I think he could be a steal but the odds of him being a difference maker this year are very slim.

The FA market was slim and I knew that going into all this so I can't say I'm surprised that all we got was Ariza. We needed another veteran presence so we went out and overpayed for one. Just one season though so whatever.
I don't know about a top three pick, but we're definitely not even close to sniffing the playoffs right now. Anything better than actively trying to lose games is an improvement for me, so I think we'll be more enjoyable to watch on a nightly basis.

I love what McD did in the FA market. The core of the roster isn't ready to make a playoff push, so he brought in a low maintenance veteran on a one year deal who will provide leadership at a position where we have young guys that need it.

We really need to have a plan for moving on from Bender and Chriss if they don't show any sign of improvement by mid-season. I know they don't have any value, but that shouldn't stop the Suns from looking for replacements.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am
UglyTruth wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 am
"He’s also one of the worst defenders in the league among players who avg as many mins as him."

So is Devin Booker, and the Suns just gave him a max contract ...
Funny how you didn’t quote me because you knew your post would look foolish if used in context with what I was responding to.

Warren can’t shoot nor defend.

Booker can do one of the those two things and also do it at an elite level. That’s the difference.

Booker can also do this thing called dribble a ball and create his own shot...
Warren can't shoot? Since when? He is a 50% shooter. He can't/doesn't shoot the three, but other than that, he is an excellent shooter. Your evaluations tend to inaccurate extremes.
It’s pretty obvious when I said he can’t shoot, I’m referring to his 3pt game which makes Shaq look like Steph Curry.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am
UglyTruth wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 am
Antilles wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:20 am
Warren has „some“ value. He is a 20 ppg player, unfortunately he‘s lacking a reliable 3.
So he has value, which most likely is overestimated by us - the fans.
He’s also one of the worst defenders in the league among players who avg as many mins as him.
Defensive metrics are so unreliable, especially on a bad team.
He certainly didn’t pass the eye test either.

You’re way too quick to defend the weaknesses and defeciences of any Suns player when brought up, just remember that if they were as good as you think they are they wouldn’t be winning 21 games last season and just a handful of games the season before either as well.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

UglyTruth wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 pm
JCSunsfan wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Antilles wrote:
Warren has „some“ value. He is a 20 ppg player, unfortunately he‘s lacking a reliable 3.
He’s also one of the worst defenders in the league among players who avg as many mins as him.

You’re way too quick to defend the weaknesses and defeciences of any Suns player when brought up, just remember that if they were as good as you think they are they wouldn’t be winning 21 games last season and just a handful of games the season before either as well.
It's funny that you think I am defending weaknesses and deficiencies when all I am doing is pointing out the inaccuracies of your extreme statements. Warren is not a good defender, but he is not a horrendous one. Warren is a good shooter, but not a good three-point shooter. If that is what you meant, I suggest you actually say what you mean.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:24 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 pm
JCSunsfan wrote:
UglyTruth wrote:
Antilles wrote:

It's funny that you think I am defending weaknesses and deficiencies when all I am doing is pointing out the inaccuracies of your extreme statements. Warren is not a good defender, but he is not a horrendous one. Warren is a good shooter, but not a good three-point shooter. If that is what you meant, I suggest you actually say what you mean.
In today's day and age, when someone says "He's not a good shooter" will mean he's not a good 3pt shooter like 99% of the time. Nobody is taking the time to criticize a player's 10 or 15 ft jumper because nobody cares about that shot and it's becoming one of the most inefficient shots in basketball unless you're automatic/godly from that range like Kevin Durant.

Warren is a horrendous defender. The numbers and facts back me in this but your biased eyes don't. Warren is a horrendous 3pt shooter, again the numbers and facts back me in this one as well.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I love Warren. Not a shooter?

Pfft.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/1016673913584041985

I know Dudley ain't a bad guy lol and this person probably just a troll but Duds boasting bout his "easy money" is quite a thing smh :?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm annoyed that a full grown adult, who attended college, doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm
I'm annoyed that a full grown adult, who attended college, doesn't know the difference between your and you're.
Makes me a little bummy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Maybe his phone autocorrected him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This used to annoy me more than it does now. I agree that people should know spelling, grammar, and usage. But for pro athletes, it's hard to expect a full education from them even if they did pass all of K-12 and went to college. As much as we want to think of HS and college hoops as an extracurricular activity they do while they are getting a good education, these guys have been under immense pressure to focus on basketball over academics for years since they were old enough to play the game. They just didn't have the time to focus on things like math and english and science.

I don't think Dudley is a dummy. He understands the game of basketball. And aside from little spelling mistakes, he is a pretty effective communicator, both verbal and written/online. His videos he used to post on Twitter were a hoot. He's also taking the time to engage with fans online, which is nice of him and more than he would need to do.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:35 pm
This used to annoy me more than it does now. I agree that people should know spelling, grammar, and usage. But for pro athletes, it's hard to expect a full education from them even if they did pass all of K-12 and went to college. As much as we want to think of HS and college hoops as an extracurricular activity they do while they are getting a good education, these guys have been under immense pressure to focus on basketball over academics for years since they were old enough to play the game. They just didn't have the time to focus on things like math and english and science.
Frankly, this is stuff you should learn in elementary school, so I don’t think I buy the “too much pressure to focus on athletics” excuse.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

[streamable][/streamable]
McDonough on Booker being upset about the Ulis situation.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Frankly, this is stuff you should learn in elementary school, so I don’t think I buy the “too much pressure to focus on athletics” excuse.
I think this is simply an auto correct issue

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:24 pm
Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Youre generally auto corrects to You're, sooooo.......

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Jesus, McDo's explanation about the Booker/Ulis thing just made him sound like even more of a thoughtless robot than ever.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Am I the only one that thinks a 21 yr old kid shouldn't have any input on roster decisions?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 pm
Am I the only one that thinks a 21 yr old kid shouldn't have any input on roster decisions?
No, you're not.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Well I have Swype and you're and your are essentially the same motion...my phone picks the wrong one all the time...I guess if he has an iPhone he has no excuse

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 pm
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

Well I have Swype and you're and your are essentially the same motion...my phone picks the wrong one all the time...I guess if he has an iPhone he has no excuse
As if there is no option to edit your message before sending.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."