2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by In2ition »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm
What a joyous game, 😊

Steph looked 110% like watching Booker play; kinda sucks being the sole option, doesn't it?
Curry w/ 47, 8, and 7 in a loss. Clearly were empty stats and he can't carry a team. Probably best as a 6th man. Not a winner. Overrated.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm
Bucktastic365 wrote:What a joyous game, Image

Steph looked 110% like watching Booker play; kinda sucks being the sole option, doesn't it?
Mmhmm. They kept trapping him and the rest couldn't do much.

But Booker is a chucker, and Steph is heroic.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

I really enjoy watching the warriors lose. I’ve never hated a non lakers/spurs team more.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Got no sympathy for the Warriors after Durant (and can't stand Draymond anyways). Too bad TOR let the second game slip. Could be 3-0 but now everything feels like a movie where KD comes to the rescue. Still, at this moment it must be nice being a Raptors fan. Go Raps.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Great win for the Raptors on the road. They had such balanced scoring; they had like 5 guys with 17+ points. It seemed like every time the Warriors would string together a few baskets, Toronto would push it back by making some crazy 3 or layup. It felt like everybody on their team was on fire tonight. Warriors are a real skeleton crew with all of Durant, Thompson, and Loonie injured. Curry tried his best to make a game of it, but it just felt like they had almost no outside shooting aside from Curry, so it made them easy to defend.

I'm assuming Klay will come back for Game 4? Don't know what to make of Durant. Is he going to play at all in the series? You see him walking around in the tunnel and sidelines during the games; seems like his leg can't be all THAT bad. Wonder what game he'll show up if at all. Seems pretty clear that they could use him.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Man, some of you guys really have a hard on for hating the Warriors. I don't really get it, but we don't have to go down that discussion hole again.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Kawhi had an off game, Siakam was just meh. Danny Green really stepped up and Lowry was just out-hustling everyone. It was really weird to see 22 year old Ibaka out there. No idea he had the power of time travel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This series is really the first time I've paid attention to Nick Nurse, and all I can say is that guy is a straight up weirdo. He also constantly wears a hat with his own logo on it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 pm
I really enjoy watching the warriors lose. I’ve never hated a non lakers/spurs team more.
Not even the Rockets?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 am
BookTheGoat wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 pm
Not even the Rockets?
I don’t hate the rockets at all. They have some former suns and James Harden went to ASU.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Gross. Harden is my least favorite current NBA player. He’s built his legacy on a series of moves intended to fool the refs. That’s not basketball.

CP3, Austin Rivers. That is easily my least favorite team in the league.

Aside from them, love seeing the arrogant AAU Warriors get humbled. Hopefully this is the end.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Agree with Sauce about Harden.

Plus, I remember Ellie and Horry and Cassell and Steve Francis and and and. The Rockets are one of those franchises I won't get over even though I wish Mike D all the best.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

He does manipulate the refs but you can’t deny his talent/skill. He’s a great player.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So the NBA suspended Mark Stevens from the rest of the playoff games. Wouldn't it have been better to force him to attend the games from the upper decks from now on? Make him be a "regular" fan with the people. Haha
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm
So the NBA suspended Mark Stevens from the rest of the playoff games. Wouldn't it have been better to force him to attend the games from the upper decks from now on? Make him be a "regular" fan with the people. Haha
Make him fly to Toronto and stand out in the middle of the Jurassic Park crowd. They'd tear him apart. :-)

My take is I can't believe a team owner would physically go at a player like that. So unprofessional. I agree with the league that he shouldn't be at any more games this season. If I were the Warriors ownership group I'd discuss further punishment such as banning him from games for all of next season too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am
He does manipulate the refs but you can’t deny his talent/skill. He’s a great player.
I don't know why someone would root for the Rockets/Harden but hate the Warriors. Both teams have a lot of the same pros and cons. 3-point shooting, fast pace, transition game, layups. Working the refs, flopping, whining about calls. I get why people like and dislike both teams. They seem of a kind to me. Warriors have won the titles and have the more stacked roster, but the two seem more similar than different to me otherwise.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

$500K fine and a one-year ban for that asshole.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/269 ... ving-lowry

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That seems pretty fair to me. I'm glad that the league has zero tolerance for anybody in the crowd roughing up a player. There's no place for that in any sport.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm
That seems pretty fair to me. I'm glad that the league has zero tolerance for anybody in the crowd roughing up a player. There's no place for that in any sport.
“Roughing up” is a bit of an overstatement of what happened, but I agree that it was conduct that shouldn’t be tolerated.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:51 pm
BookTheGoat wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am
I don't know why someone would root for the Rockets/Harden but hate the Warriors. Both teams have a lot of the same pros and cons. 3-point shooting, fast pace, transition game, layups. Working the refs, flopping, whining about calls. I get why people like and dislike both teams. They seem of a kind to me. Warriors have won the titles and have the more stacked roster, but the two seem more similar than different to me otherwise.
I don’t actively root for the rockets. I just don’t dislike them like I do the Warriors. It’s not about play style or anything like that I just don’t like Draymond, Klay, Iggy, or Steph(to a lesser extent).