Around the League: Week 23 (3/21 to 3/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Around the League: Week 23 (3/21 to 3/27)

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:04 pm
Jokic isn't getting it back to back. It will be Embiid. Book it!
Too bad it's not the best player on the best team getting it..

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Agreed. We have two guys that tower over everybody else so I guess that disqualifies them. They barely even get a mention. Usually don't.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:43 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Agreed. We have two guys that tower over everybody else so I guess that disqualifies them. They barely even get a mention. Usually don't.
Eff the media.

Win it all.

Bring a Championship to the Valley like so many others before have failed to do. That'll seal Booker's legacy right there.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The way things stand now, I think there are 3 real contenders for the title; Phoenix, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn. Memphis and Boston are alone in the next tier to me, but each has a problem that I'm skeptical can be overcome.

The Grizzlies title chances mostly hinge on Morant's health. He's already banged up now and I have a hard time envisioning him staying healthy through 3 rounds in the West with the way he's been playing all season. They also have an issue with Dillon Brooks taking way too many shots with or without Morant in the lineup. Brooks is in the class of Kelly Oubre types, fine in the regular season, but you really don't want him freelancing in decisive games.

The Celtics are white hot, but I just don't believe they can get past the Bucks. Much like most of the league, they don't have an answer for Giannis, and the Bucks have enough perimeter defense to challenge Tatum and Brown. I'm only putting Brooklyn in the top 3 group because they'll always have a chance to out-shoot any team on any given night with Durant and Irving.

The Clippers are the biggest wildcard to me. They'll be the toughest out in the West besides the Suns if they get their guys back, which I don't think is unimaginable.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm
The way things stand now, I think there are 3 real contenders for the title; Phoenix, Milwaukee, and Brooklyn. Memphis and Boston are alone in the next tier to me, but each has a problem that I'm skeptical can be overcome.

The Grizzlies title chances mostly hinge on Morant's health. He's already banged up now and I have a hard time envisioning him staying healthy through 3 rounds in the West with the way he's been playing all season. They also have an issue with Dillon Brooks taking way too many shots with or without Morant in the lineup. Brooks is in the class of Kelly Oubre types, fine in the regular season, but you really don't want him freelancing in decisive games.

The Celtics are white hot, but I just don't believe they can get past the Bucks. Much like most of the league, they don't have an answer for Giannis, and the Bucks have enough perimeter defense to challenge Tatum and Brown. I'm only putting Brooklyn in the top 3 group because they'll always have a chance to out-shoot any team on any given night with Durant and Irving.

The Clippers are the biggest wildcard to me. They'll be the toughest out in the West besides the Suns if they get their guys back, which I don't think is unimaginable.
Even without getting their guys back, they have Lue, and he will make it hard on anyone they play. He is a top tier coach.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

No Philly mention whatsoever?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:12 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Even without getting their guys back, they have Lue, and he will make it hard on anyone they play. He is a top tier coach.
They should just rename the COTY trophy the Tyron Lue Trophy and give it to him every year. Am I right?

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:15 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Do you trust Doc Rivers and James Harden in the playoffs?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:16 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

They should just rename the trophy the Tyron Lue Trophy and give it to him every year. Am I right?
?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:18 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

No to either, and then the combination makes it even worse.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:16 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

They should just rename the COTY trophy the Tyron Lue Trophy and give it to him every year. Am I right?
?
Sorry, I was missing a key phrase. Added it.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:19 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Well, Doc Rivers does have a championship under his belt.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:21 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

As does Ty Lue whom you seem to enjoy belittling as a coach.

The reality is Doc Rivers has been an average-at-best coach who routinely gets out schemed for a long time now, and the title he won in Boston was most likely an outlier.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And Lue is highly regarded amongst other coaches and actual analysts (I don't mean the fools at ESPN).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:21 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:

As does Ty Lue whom you seem to enjoy belittling as a coach.

The reality is Doc Rivers has been an average-at-best coach who routinely gets out schemed for a long time now, and the title he won in Boston was most likely an outlier.
Come on. You know I'm just having fun with you guys since you put Lue on such a pedestal. Repeatedly. I did learn to respect his coaching in the playoffs last year.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

The suns even get a mention!

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is with only 1 game played by CP3…Booker missed 4, Payne missed a couple, Cam Johnson missed like 10…still #3 in net and we beat the #2 team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And that 1 game with Chris was his first game back after extended injury. It blows my mind.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was hoping he’d post it before last nights game…all 15 games would’ve been the 15 CP3 missed

Split T

Post by Split T »

Real chance Lakers don’t even make play-in