2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jerami Grant.. Team USA guy, probably the best version of Torrey Craig possible. I can connect those dots.

I hate Jusef Nurkic. One of those guys who's good enough to be in the league but I'm not sure if he actually deserves real minutes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:25 am
Wally_West wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:35 am
Mostly, agree with this. I’m kinda want to move off Payne too but it’s not exactly like there’s better options out there.
There are plenty of better options than Payne. This last game aside, he's got 1 good season and the bubble on his resume and then the last 2 full seasons + playoffs and every other season of his career to show us why he's a fringe NBA player.

As examples, Dennis Smith and Kris Dunn were signed to minimum deals this season. Both are better than Payne at this point. I honestly think Saben Lee might be better.
I like Payne quite a bit, he just can' stay healthy so I'm OK if they move on. Smith and Dunn are interesting because they could be in the position Payne was a few years ago, ready to make a resurgence and get a real contract. However, I don't really trust either of them beyond a 20mpg backup role and I don't think that roster slot is much of a priority with Payne on an expiring $6.5M.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal that sends Ayton/Shamet to Portland for a resigned Jerami Grant and Jusuf Nurkic.
That wouldn’t be a bad deal. Grant is the sort of player KD and Book really needed this post season. He can eat a ton of minutes, defend, and get all the easy buckets with Kd and Book.
As for Nurk; he is good for 50 games. He would help with screen assists, rebounding, and some shot making -he even added 3pt shot to his game this year at 36%. He’s a loyal dude. But slow footed and defense could be a liability. He def would have been better against Jokic this year. Landale would benefit from playing with a guy like Nurk.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Id take Nurk if we're competitive, I don't think he's ever had a real season on a contender, and he at least plays big. Nurk and Grant would really solidify the offense imo, depends on where they go at PG, but they could do worse than that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In most situations, I'd rather play Jock than Nurkic.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:14 pm
I hate Jusef Nurkic. One of those guys who's good enough to be in the league but I'm not sure if he actually deserves real minutes.
Yeah, I don't want him for the Suns. If a deal like that went down, I would hope we would find a taker for Nurkic like Sacramento (Richaun Holmes) or New York (Mitchell Robinson).
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nurkic would be useful in the regular season, but a guy I’m not sure could play in the playoffs. He’d definitely get played off against some teams. But I like Jerami Grant. He’d be perfect between Book/KD

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:40 pm
In most situations, I'd rather play Jock than Nurkic.
I don’t think Dame had the defenders alongside him and Nurk to win enough. Anyway, let’s hope for a bidding war. Dame either would love to come to PHX or snag Ayton to PDX. Hopefully that gives Suns FO leverage this summer.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:35 pm
Grant is the sort of player KD and Book really needed this post season. He can eat a ton of minutes, defend, and get all the easy buckets with Kd and Book.
I'm not convinced that Grant would want to come here though. He wants to be a featured guy with a big contract. And winning isn't his priority.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:01 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:59 am
What’s up with Book no showing media again?
Sore loser?
I'm not holding that against them. He played his best and did what he could.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:01 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:59 am
What’s up with Book no showing media again?
Sore loser?
I think it's the realisation that he and CP3 won't win a ring together. They seem genuinely close and I suspect Book thought the acquisition of KD would put them over the top.

Alternatively, its simply the humiliation of repeating the Mavs debacle and getting blown out in an elimination game again.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's probably all of that.

And I don't think Booker is thinking he didn't get it done because of some injury. He had a beautiful looking three in the first quarter where his elevation looked good and the shot was nothing but net. He blew by his defender multiple times. He got to his spots in the midrange. He (and the team) just didn't come through.

And I think to get walloped like that on your homecourt back to back years takes a toll. I don't think he is saying to himself, "it's just one bad game."

But I'm confident he'll bounce back.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal that sends Ayton/Shamet to Portland for a resigned Jerami Grant and Jusuf Nurkic.
I don't love that deal. I think Grant is fool's gold, a guy who gets numbers but can't be the 4th best guy on a title team. He left a great Denver situation to be "the man" and hasn't been. I also don't like Nurkic very much and don't want his contract on our books.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe not willing to be the 4th best guy, but he’s certainly capable. He put up 20 a game last year and shot over 40% from 3.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

End of season interviews with Monty, CP, Jock, DLee, DA...some have been posted already, some may be doubles. Jock says he loves it in Phoenix and wants to stay, DLee likes it here too but said they gotta see what happens come free agency. A lot of Monty, DA, CP.

Spoiler: show/hide

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

It Would be fun to read everyone’s trade proposals for these rumored teams. Like if we went through PDX, DAL, LAL, IND, etc.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Someone mentioned Mitchell Robinson...we need more pieces that fit together and I think he'd be a nice addition. Trading Ayton for two very good role players should be our goal.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

Here’s my trades:

Dallas: either Ayton for Kyrie or Ayton for THJ/Kleber/Green

Indy: Ayton for Turner

Portland: Ayton/Shamet for Grant/Nurkic

Charlotte: Ayton/Shamet for Hayward/Richards

Knicks: Ayton/Shamet for Robinson/Barrett

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Not sure why there's so much Nurkic buzz. People are forgetting he's one of the worst defensive centers there is. Unplayable even for the Blazers at one point. Hard pass on anyone who is the worst at something.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."