Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by JeremyG »

It’s all a moot point. Jones likes Ayton, and the Suns want to keep him. They’re not trading him (except in the unlikely scenario that an offer blows them away of course).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:46 am
Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:37 pm
Didn’t listen but reading on twitter, it seems Gambo was saying Chris Paul wasn’t interested in getting waived and coming back on the minimum, wanted to stay but at his 30 million salary fully guaranteed.
Wow, he wanted to make $30m rather than stay here for $1.5m? What a selfish asshole.
Lmao

He still would’ve got 15.8 million too :)

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:32 am
It’s all a moot point. Jones likes Ayton, and the Suns want to keep him. They’re not trading him (except in the unlikely scenario that an offer blows them away of course).
I know you really want to believe this, but there just isn't enough shots to go around now, he's 4th option at best. He wasn't happy being 3rd, now he's gonna get even less touches, I just don't see the fit. Especially when the only way to keep him motivated is with shots.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 pm
JeremyG wrote:
I know you really want to believe this,
Whether I want it to happen or not, it's what is happening. I'm now confident enough to make a bet on it, if anyone wants to take me up on the offer.
TOO wrote:
but there just isn't enough shots to go around now, he's 4th option at best. He wasn't happy being 3rd, now he's gonna get even less touches, I just don't see the fit. Especially when the only way to keep him motivated is with shots.
"at best" :lol:

So if we traded him for Dame, would we hear the same argument? "A big 4--this won't work, there aren't enough shots to go around."

TOO

Post by TOO »

No, there is no spot for a guy like Dame, but also, Dame can get his own shot lol. DA cannot, that comparison doesn't make sense.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

How does who creates the shot change the number of shots available? The only way it does is with putbacks, which would also apply to DA.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Um, number of shots available is a real thing. The Big 3 in Boston were never all good on the same night. Usually two were on, and one struggled. In Miami, Bosh was marginalized and his touches were reduced to spot-ups and the occasional lobs and alley-oops.

So even if it is Dame, two of those guys are taking a step back. You're not going to have all four averaging 20+ ppg. I'm sure Ishbia wouldn't hesitate to add a fourth superstar, but we'd be getting diminished returns at that point. Shoot, we don't even know if Beal and Booker will be able to coexist.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:45 pm
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
I know you really want to believe this,
Whether I want it to happen or not, it's what is happening. I'm now confident enough to make a bet on it, if anyone wants to take me up on the offer.
I’m always impressed at how confidently you say things. I’m not sure how you can feel so confident, but I’m impressed. I definitely don’t feel the same, but I’m not going to make a bet, Haha

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

An optimistic take on this recent deal for sure, but this video has some pretty good analysis of Goodwin. Maybe there's a chance he gets a crack at the starting job if Ayton remains on the roster.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:03 pm
Um, number of shots available is a real thing. The Big 3 in Boston were never all good on the same night. Usually two were on, and one struggled. In Miami, Bosh was marginalized and his touches were reduced to spot-ups and the occasional lobs and alley-oops.

So even if it is Dame, two of those guys are taking a step back. You're not going to have all four averaging 20+ ppg. I'm sure Ishbia wouldn't hesitate to add a fourth superstar, but we'd be getting diminished returns at that point. Shoot, we don't even know if Beal and Booker will be able to coexist.
I wasn’t saying it’s not a real thing.

One thing you guys are forgetting, though, is that likely for the majority of games this season, Ayton will be the #1, #2, or #3, depending on whether 1, 2, or 3 of our big 3 are injured at the same time. Given their history, it’s highly unlikely that all 3 will be playing at the same time for more than 20-40 games, which would be the only games that Ayton is the 4th option (or even fewer than that, if Ayton is injured for some of those games).

It’s also possible that Vogel will do some load management and/or reduction of roles in the regular season for some of the stars.

Another possibility is that Ayton simply outplays one of them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I hope that everyone is healthy, playing as well as ever AND Ayton outplays at least one of them every time.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:25 pm
I hope that everyone is healthy, playing as well as ever AND Ayton outplays at least one of them every time.
I'll eat my kitchen table.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:29 pm
In2ition wrote:
Lol, HOPE was the operative word, but I'm not holding my breath.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:29 pm
In2ition wrote:
Be careful with bets. FF almost ate a hat because Kevin Young almost got hired as a coach.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was never worried. I own a lot of hats.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
I hope that everyone is healthy, playing as well as ever AND Ayton outplays all of them every time. That would be awesome! I’m also think winning the Powerball would be awesome.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ayton gonna be a star and you guys gonna look like FOOLS!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:50 am
Ayton gonna be a star and you guys gonna look like FOOLS!
Hmmm...

a. 'Bone, did Jeremy hack your account?
b. I don't think any of us would be upset to see DA wake up and play to his potential...

VT

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »