TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Post by Split T »

It makes no sense. Also Little was technically acquired with the Payne TPE, so he didn’t even save money on that trade ultimately. We can also still use the 6.6 million TPE we acquired in the Ayton trade.

KD and Beal trades both increased salary. Not to mention we gave Kevin Young the largest assistant coach salary in the league and spent a ton to get Fizdale. Ishbia is spending money.

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's really mad at the Ayton trade, so it's time to grasp at straws.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Just because someone made a strange argument doesn’t mean that it needs to be responded to. I think the five stages of coping explanation makes a lot of sense so maybe we should let those stages take their course and not get in the middle of this grievance blender.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:39 pm
It’s amazing, just looking at the comments on the Suns’ Instagram, what this team did to the fanbase. Everyone was excited for this season, perhaps more than any before, and for many (most?) fans that excitement has now been decimated. Now fans are more disgusted, disappointed, and depressed instead. What a way to start off a season.
Sounds like it's time for you to find a new forum.
Stop it. Who are you to tell him where to root for his team. Let the man grieve. I believe this is the bargaining phase.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Jeremy's posts are much more fun if you pretend it's the Golden Retriever in his avatar saying them.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 pm
Jeremy's posts are much more fun if you pretend it's the Golden Retriever in his avatar saying them.
Do we have any proof that Jeremy isn't a golden retriever? I know it'd be hard to type with paws, but I understand that bark-to-text interpreters have gotten a lot better over the last few years.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

pickle wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:09 pm
Just because someone made a strange argument doesn’t mean that it needs to be responded to. I think the five stages of coping explanation makes a lot of sense so maybe we should let those stages take their course and not get in the middle of this grievance blender.
This has been a long time coming. I'm glad it's finally here. I don't look forward to him lurking and shit posting anytime someone has a bad game. This kid will reach y2k and/or justwinbaby territory with his fan girling.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:14 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
It’s amazing, just looking at the comments on the Suns’ Instagram, what this team did to the fanbase. Everyone was excited for this season, perhaps more than any before, and for many (most?) fans that excitement has now been decimated. Now fans are more disgusted, disappointed, and depressed instead. What a way to start off a season.
Stop it. Who are you to tell him where to root for his team. Let the man grieve. I believe this is the bargaining phase.
Stay in your lane, I wasn't talking to you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:32 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:14 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Stay in your lane, I wasn't talking to you.
My lane is moderator. Please continue to be respectful to other posters.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

NGL I’m excited for Nurk. Dude is coming into a situation where he is gonna get some of the easiest baskets in his professional career and make his teammates look good passing the ball to open cutters and shooters.
I hope he keeps healthy and learns to implement what Vogel wants defense.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Was somewhat unhappy with the trade initially. But when you think about they were sabonis rumours last year, then I guess it’s been a long time brewing that we wanted a change to this kind of centre. Just trying to say they have a plan of some kind even though it feels like are just dumping ayton for scraps.

My guess is ayton is ayton will put up good numbers for about 20 games. The media will shit on us for giving up on him. The blazers won’t win much and eventually the media will say he’s not a winning player. He will begin to pout again and just focus on his offensive numbers. Either way it won’t be our problem. Curious what Vogel thinks about all of this.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Simmons hates the trade for us. Thinks we gave up the best asset without getting one surefire playoff performer back.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the national media so all over the place in their reaction to a trade.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Simmons didn't include Ayton in his top 65 NBA trade value rankings, but now he's saying the Suns sold too low on him. Classic Simmons self contradiction.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I actually feeling a bit better about the trade knowing that Simmons hates it.
Proof is obviously going to be in the pudding - a) are we not done making moves? b) will Allen and Little make up for any potential drop off in the centre spot (assuming there is one)
One thing is for sure, we are not going to be a boring watch this season.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 pm
Good call… maybe I’ll make him sound like scooby too. Rut ro raggy..

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:16 pm
Trying to decide if this will be more like.....

....the Armon Gilliam/Kurt Rambis trade (one underachiever for a better-fitting part)
....the Larry Nance/Kevin Johnson trade (one star player for a bunch of valuable parts)
....the Dennis Johnson/Rick Robey trade (selling low and being very disappointed in the long run)
Probably the right way to look at it. If Johnson turns into a borderline MVP candidate, we can call it a KJ trade.I suspect it will be more like the Rambis scenario.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:00 am
https://Twitter.com/billsimmons/status/ ... s5Hwd9I-Qg

Simmons hates the trade for us. Thinks we gave up the best asset without getting one surefire playoff performer back.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the national media so all over the place in their reaction to a trade.
Isn't it crazy? And...it's not just the national media.

I'm coming around to the trade being a reality I have to accept. I think that Nurkic would be a big contributor as a high post center on offense and a low post defender. But I worry about his health.

I do think Ayton will average 25 and 10 next season.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:25 am
Shabazz wrote:

I'm coming around to the trade being a reality I have to accept. I think that Nurkic would be a big contributor as a high post center on offense and a low post defender. But I worry about his health.

I will deactivate my account and never post again if he averages 25 ppg.

There’s a better chance of California detaching from the US

He doesn’t give enough consistent effort to get to 25 ppg.

19-21 ppg is likely his ceiling

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

iLLmatic wrote:
I think we can be better than this. I don't want anybody telling anybody here that they should get out. If we were all hanging out in person at my house, would you come over and then tell somebody else they should leave?

If a given user doesn't want to interact with another user, you can always mute / block their posts. It's imperfect due to quoting, but it will reduce the noise level a lot. Or you can just scroll past; it's okay to just ignore messages you don't agree with or don't want to engage with.

I love all you darn weirdos and want all of you to keep coming to the site for a long time. Kumbaya, mother fuckers!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:56 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:25 am
Shabazz wrote:

I will deactivate my account and never post again if he averages 25 ppg.

There’s a better chance of California detaching from the US

He doesn’t give enough consistent effort to get to 25 ppg.

19-21 ppg is likely his ceiling
We shall see how he looks as possibly a first option.