Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Immigration

Post by Nodack »

If it has any possibility of helping Biden in any way look good, then there is no way Trump would allow this bill to pass. MAGA says this bill is the end of civilization as we know it if it passes. Several Republicans who aren’t the Maga persuasion think this bill goes a long way to splitting the difference between the two parties immigration stances and some of us call that bipartisan compromise. They both gain and they both lose but it moves the ball down the field. This bill passing would be a great example of American Democracy working. The GOP shutting this bill down to help Trump will make Trump happy. Biden will certainly use it in his campaign ads as a perfect example of Democracy not working under Trump.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The system is broken. A majority of the House wants to pass the bill, but the Speaker alone can kill it.
In2ition wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:19 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:51 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:38 pm
Have they presented the bill to read yet? Is it any different than the last bill, that was "agreed" on in the Senate?

The last one wasn't given to read all that was in it, but the details included an amount of 5,000 illegal immigrants per day to be allowed,
If the law allows them, then by definition they are not illegal.
Well, I'm not quite sure that's how it's meant for this.
Right, I keep forgetting. Liberals use “illegal” to mean “He’s violating the law”; conservatives use it to mean “He speaks Spanish.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:20 pm
The system is broken. A majority of the House wants to pass the bill, but the Speaker alone can kill it.
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Have they presented the bill to read yet? Is it any different than the last bill, that was "agreed" on in the Senate?

The last one wasn't given to read all that was in it, but the details included an amount of 5,000 illegal immigrants per day to be allowed,
Right, I keep forgetting. Liberals use “illegal” to mean “He’s violating the law”; conservatives use it to mean “He speaks Spanish.”
I'm sorry Cap, did I say something to offend you? Why would you immediately go to the race card? That's a bit unseemly.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:29 pm
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I'm sorry Cap, did I say something to offend you? Why would you immediately go to the race card? That's a bit unseemly.
Did he say something that was incorrect though?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:

Yes, it was incorrect, and rude.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It seems pretty correct to me.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:23 am
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I believe you're in denial.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:29 am
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:

I believe you have sadly had your view of the other side corrupted.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thank Trump

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 am
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:

The Republican party as it once was is dead, there was once a time I could understand the thought process of both sides, liberal and moderate, now there is no such thing as moderate. It's all under the big rapey umbrella of Donny and his goons. Anyone that supports him doesn't support the Republican party, they support racism, sexism, and undermining democracy. Imagine voting for a guy who has actively discounted American sacrifice.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 am
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:

The Republican party as it once was is dead, there was once a time I could understand the thought process of both sides, liberal and moderate, now there is no such thing as moderate. It's all under the big rapey umbrella of Donny and his goons. Anyone that supports him doesn't support the Republican party, they support racism, sexism, and undermining democracy. Imagine voting for a guy who has actively discounted American sacrifice.
That's complete nonsense. Rapey umbrella? Goons? And then the good one standbys of racism, seismic and undermining democracy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Imagine thinking none of that is true.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump has insulted veterans on many occasions. How could you have possibly missed it or do you agree with Trump that people who are in the military are suckers. If you were shot down and captured by the enemy then you certainly can’t a hero in his book. The ex President of the US thinks only suckers join the military. What were we just talking about? How the Navy just lowered their standards for getting in because recruitment is down? People don’t want to be suckers.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:24 pm
Trump has insulted veterans on many occasions. How could you have possibly missed it or do you agree with Trump that people who are in the military are suckers. If you were shot down and captured by the enemy then you certainly can’t a hero in his book. The ex President of the US thinks only suckers join the military. What were we just talking about? How the Navy just lowered their standards for getting in because recruitment is down? People don’t want to be suckers.
Do you have an audio or video link of that quote?

You really think that the standards were lowered and recruitment is down because of Trump? That's insane, and a sign that you haven't been paying attention at all to the situation. Maybe you should look at what the military has been doing and what their focus has been on since this administration took over.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ok, sure. My post got three likes. Someone doesn’t think it’s insane.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:41 am

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:41 am
It might be insane to think that "likes" in the phx-suns.net Political forum means anything substantial. I would only expect you to get likes for your posts here.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump says people who die in war are "losers", "suckers", 3 sources (including on-the-record confirmation by John Kelly):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna118543
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... s-suckers/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is what you get when you constantly cast immigrants as invading vermin and claim that the border is wide open letting in thousands of murderers and rapists a day.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:05 am
Trump says people who die in war are "losers", "suckers", 3 sources (including on-the-record confirmation by John Kelly):

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna118543
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... s-suckers/
This story is entirely contrived and not real at all. The secret service absolutely decided this because of weather, and this has been confirmed by sources in the secret service, according to Dan Bongino(a former secret service member with many contacts still in the secret service and on that detail). He also said that John Kelly is lying out of his ass and that Trump never said these things. Amazing how a lie goes half way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on.