2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2019 NBA Trade Deadline

Post by Cap »

I am not trading the farm for Davis after he said he won’t stay here. That’s insane.

It was one thing when Kyrie was on the market and we had every reason to suspect he wouldn’t stay. AD has come right out and said it. Explicitly. We trade for him, he leaves when his contract is up.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s not really even worth discussing. No chance we’re trading for him. The only question right now is if he goes to the Lakers or if NO hangs onto him until the summer.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

If Davis wants to stay here, i would trade everything including Sarver's ass.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Good for Philly.

This is also how trades happen. We don't hear anything through the media before it happens, which leads me to believe AD isn't going to the Lakers anytime soon.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

lonzo for josh jackson and a pick is still a possibility.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:55 am

Good for Philly.

This is also how trades happen. We don't hear anything through the media before it happens, which leads me to believe AD isn't going to the Lakers anytime soon.
Good move for 76rs as long as they are ready to max Harris at 00:01. That roster is going to be expensive for sure. Butler, Redick and now Harris are FAs (McConnell too, while Fultz is still on the roster making 10M next year).

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Strong move for the Sixers but they're gonna have to figure out how to make it work with all those mouths to feed. Harris a nice player and one of those guys who will get the max but isn't really worth the max. But putting him and Simmons together is crazy mix since they're so similar physically and from a skills standpoint (offense notwithstanding).

I still think it'd be wise to let Jimmy go and find/keep more role players. Butler seems like a luxury and potentially toxic player for that group.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

I would REALLY love to see the Suns target Daniel Thies of the Celtics. He ticks all the boxes for a player who is "gettable" and fills a need:

* Legit PF who defends well

* Ok defensive rebounder

* Shoots .412 from 3 point range

* Back up that Boston could be persuaded to part with

* 26 years old

* Expiring vet min contract

* Outstanding defensive player

* Top 10 among NBA PFs in real plus minus, and a positive at both ends according to RPM

I'd dangle Troy Daniels and our 2nd round pick for him.

carey

Post by carey »

Interesting to see that the Miami pick is on the move again. Quite a haul for Tobias Harris.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I like that Philly is trying and this also works as a tryout for a signing next year as their plan is to have a big 4.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think a Big 4 is wise, financially or on the court.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

It just feels like we’re not going to do anything. I feel like we could have gotten Harris. Now one of our FA targets is gone. Not that we had a chance at a FA but it’s fun to pretend
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

SDC

Post by SDC »

too bad oubre cant be traded this season.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 am
I think he can, just by himself. He can't be traded in a package of players, if I recall correctly.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am
It just feels like we’re not going to do anything. I feel like we could have gotten Harris. Now one of our FA targets is gone. Not that we had a chance at a FA but it’s fun to pretend
Were not even trying to improve our team.

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am
SDC wrote:
I think he can, just by himself. He can't be traded in a package of players, if I recall correctly.
correct. suns can trade josh jackson, milwaukee pick and others for lonzo. then on a separate deal, swap oubre for beazley if lebron wants help for the playoffs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am
SDC wrote:
correct. suns can trade josh jackson, milwaukee pick and others for lonzo. then on a separate deal, swap oubre for beazley if lebron wants help for the playoffs.
You want to essentially trade Josh Jackson, Kelly Oubre, the MIL pick and others for Lonzo and Beasley?

SDC

Post by SDC »

i just want lonzo. and i am not really attached to oubre.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am
Common, did you really want to send out a young player and 2 picks for a PF who could walk away in 3 months?? This trade makes sense for Philly who is competing to go to the finals and has a great chance of retaining Harris. It wouldn't have made a lick of sense for us.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What would people think about going after Danilo Gallinari? Clips obviously going for cap space this summer. He’s not a true 4, but he’s better equipped to play it than our wings.