SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: SUNS NEWS: 2021 FINALS EDITION SUNS vs BUCKS

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:14 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:29 pm
Cap wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:19 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:17 pm
So, they have Tucker who used to be a Sun and we have Craig who used to be a Buck. This will be interesting to see how it develops. The Suns let Tucker go when we were bad and did him a favor. I think Craig has a much bigger revenge factor due to the Bucks letting him go for cash considerations in order to pick up Tucker.
Last time we played a former team of Craig, it went very well.
Let's hope for a repeat! Can you imagine a dominant 4 game Finals sweep for our Suns?! I can. (But not counting on it. I could also see a grueling 7 game series depending on Giannis' health. I mean we won 2 games by 1 point each this season against them. Seems pretty evenly matched.)
If it was a dominant 4 game sweep and Giannis doesn't play or is very limited, it will be a discredited championship by many. I can already hear the talking heads now.
It’s going to be by anyone who’s team got hit by injuries. Paul George already cried about it.

But Paul’s stinger could have been our doom, same with his Covid protocol, both series could have started down 2-0 because of it, same with Booker nose trough games 3-5.

We managed to go 4-3 on those games, because people step up, like the Bucks did on the ECF. It’s a Stars league, but even then, it’s the best surviving TEAM, the one who gets the Throphy. Get a more balance, less top heavy and/or not injury prone roster if you want to compete without risking losing it all on one man down.

We did, and here we are. We owe no one an apology or an asterisk, specially to both punk LA teams

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
So, they have Tucker who used to be a Sun and we have Craig who used to be a Buck. This will be interesting to see how it develops. The Suns let Tucker go when we were bad and did him a favor. I think Craig has a much bigger revenge factor due to the Bucks letting him go for cash considerations in order to pick up Tucker.
Let's hope for a repeat! Can you imagine a dominant 4 game Finals sweep for our Suns?! I can. (But not counting on it. I could also see a grueling 7 game series depending on Giannis' health. I mean we won 2 games by 1 point each this season against them. Seems pretty evenly matched.)
If it was a dominant 4 game sweep and Giannis doesn't play or is very limited, it will be a discredited championship by many. I can already hear the talking heads now.
I was just thinking the same thing.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Since Bridges struggles guarding Middleton, maybe we could put Crowder on Middleton, Ayton on Giannis, and Bridges on Lopez.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Giannis shot 84% from the free throw line in those games, though. So that gave them some extra points. I wouldn't count on that happening again.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Who cares! We can only play who they put in front of us. That's it. Worry about what we can control. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING can diminish my joy if we win our first NBA Championship.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm
Wormwood wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 pm
I'm flying in from the East Coast to attend Game 2.

Most of the talking-head "experts" are picking the Bucks, but the modeling and simulation is favoring the Suns.
And the bettors are siding with the models.
I like to side with models myself!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm
...it’s the best surviving TEAM, the one who gets the Throphy.
I think it's the best passing team that gets the Throphy. :P

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I was just thinking the same thing.
Well, stop it! Enough with the stinkin' thinkin'!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:46 pm
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Giannis shot 84% from the free throw line in those games, though. So that gave them some extra points. I wouldn't count on that happening again.
Speaking of counting on things, you KNOW our crowd will be doing the ol' Atlanta Quick Count while Giannis is shooting FTs.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:05 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Speaking of counting on things, you KNOW our crowd will be doing the ol' Atlanta Quick Count while Giannis is shooting FTs.
Wasn’t Atlanta doing the Brooklyn Quick Count?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:

Probably. Don't recall. You tell me.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Hmm. Seems the Brooklyn count was reasonably accurate. At least that once.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:34 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Hmm. Seems the Brooklyn count was reasonably accurate. At least that once.
Should we add the "one thousand" in there for accuracy? :)

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:37 pm
Since Bridges struggles guarding Middleton, maybe we could put Crowder on Middleton, Ayton on Giannis, and Bridges on Lopez.
I would keep Ayton on Lopez, to avoid foul problems and keep him as defensive anchor in general, instead of first line of defense against Giannis. Let him face Crowder and mix it up with some Craig, specially while he still on a gimpy leg. For Middleton you can throw Bridges, CamJ, Nader and also some Craig as well. We can put size, length, speed or fundamentals on Middleton to keep him from getting confortable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:57 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Who cares! We can only play who they put in front of us. That's it. Worry about what we can control. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING can diminish my joy if we win our first NBA Championship.
I'm definitely not discrediting a thing. Just getting ahead of the eventual "yeah but.." narrative they'll want to slap on our first championship. I think it's going to be a challenging series and can't wait to call our Phoenix Suns champions after all of these years!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't know how the Bucks will be able to match the Suns depth. Even the Suns weakest point, Dario as the bench Center, isn't really much of a disadvantage. I guess my biggest worry is the Bucks shooters suddenly getting really hot for a few games.

I don't want to be overconfident, but the Suns should win this series even if Giannis plays every game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:21 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:37 pm
I would keep Ayton on Lopez, to avoid foul problems and keep him as defensive anchor in general, instead of first line of defense against Giannis. Let him face Crowder and mix it up with some Craig, specially while he still on a gimpy leg. For Middleton you can throw Bridges, CamJ, Nader and also some Craig as well. We can put size, length, speed or fundamentals on Middleton to keep him from getting confortable.
The issue with that is, when Giannis is in the game, they park Lopez several feet outside the three point line to give Giannis space to operate.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Who is this woman? I like her.