Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:08 pm
Good, clean half of basketball. No complaints.
Bucks fans are upset with the officiating. I guess they didn't watch much of the Suns/Clippers series. I think this game is more physical than the ECF.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Re: Game Day, NBA Finals Edition — Game 1 — Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns, Tuesday 7/6/2021

Post by ShelC »

If Giannis isn't 100%, he's close. Pretty standard game on our end TBH. I don't think the Bucks showed us anything we can't handle. We got a lot of what we wanted offensively. No jitters from either team, just good basketball played. Like other games, I feel like we could/should be up double digits. The Bucks run hot and cold and our defense has been pretty good so far. Just can't let the role players get hot.

How we combat their size without Dario off the bench is the big question the rest of the way.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:11 pm
Ayton playing fantastic so far, I look forward to his 4 point second half where the team stops looking to him to play hero ball. ;)
He's looked a bit gassed at times, but I think a lot of guys are winded early from the adrenaline rush.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I think getting the ball to Ayton is much easier in this series vs. the Clippers one. Their foot speed isn’t great and Suns are aggressively looking for him off the pick and roll to punish the Bucks, instead of always going against Lopez with jump shots.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:12 pm
How we combat their size without Dario off the bench is the big question the rest of the way.
I expect the Bucks will always have two of Giannis/Lopez/Portis on the floor together. Team rebounding will be essential because the Suns have to punish the Bucks for taking bad shots.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:12 pm
If Giannis isn't 100%, he's close. Pretty standard game on our end TBH. I don't think the Bucks showed us anything we can't handle. We got a lot of what we wanted offensively. No jitters from either team, just good basketball played. Like other games, I feel like we could/should be up double digits. The Bucks run hot and cold and our defense has been pretty good so far. Just can't let the role players get hot.

Also worried about the backup 5 minutes. Kaminsky is just a traffic cone out there. Can’t even keep Tucker at bay when they tried to go to him.

We gotta clean up the careless mistakes. Our bench is significantly deeper outside of the 4/5 positions…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

pickle wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:14 pm
I think getting the ball to Ayton is much easier in this series vs. the Clippers one. Their foot speed isn’t great and Suns are aggressively looking for him off the pick and roll to punish the Bucks, instead of always going against Lopez with jump shots.
I agree but I also think Paul is holding back a bit right now. He usually likes to save his jump shots for the second half.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still think we are just better than they are. Giannis is an alien, but they just don't have nearly as much talent down the roster as we do. Love seeing Cam Johnson back and making shots again. Hope Dario is okay.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Fuck brook lopez

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Ouch

pickle

Post by pickle »

Goddammit… just can’t have good things.

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

Hope CP3 is ok, didn't look good.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Paul will be OK. Definitely twisted, but it wasn't a full 90-degree turn, fortunately.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is where the Suns can push things up to 20 and put this game out of reach.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:26 pm
I think Paul will be OK. Definitely twisted, but it wasn't a full 90-degree turn, fortunately.
Nice little tweak, bad if you have a history of ankle injuries but Paul does not.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shout out to the Los Angeles Clippers for conditioning the Suns to play their asses off in the third quarter.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Bridges!!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

phatmike wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:33 pm
Bridges!!
It's honestly lights out for the Bucks if Bridges gets back to his shooting averages.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Worst call of the night. Holiday hit Bookers hand before making contact with his leg.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Suns so close to blowing this out but Bucks keeping it close enough to keep us on our feet: