Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by djy2j »

Didn't read through all 9 pages, read some, so apologies if these points have already been made...

Any time you can trade a 39 year old Chris Paul and one of the worst players in the league, Shamet,for Bradley Beal you absolutely have to. This was a home run trade, even before the 2 younger players coming were announced. Beal is an elite scoring weapon.

Bill Simmons had a dumbass take about Beal not moving the needle against Denver any more than Shamet. People like him who don;t watch the Suns are still thinking about his Clippers then Nets effectiveness. That's not the Shamet we got.

We have eleventy million dollars tied up in 4 players. This would be scary if Sarver was still the owner and it's completely normal to have PTSD about it but Ishbia ain't no dummy. This will work itself out.

As much as I keep telling myself that Vogel can unlock Ayton, I know in my heart it's simply not true. Probably best to move him before his value plummets even more. I mean he's going to get less shots than ever before and probably average 12 and 7 as a max player. That should be terrifying to think about.

Kind of makes me think about the dynamic of Sarver, Jones, and Ishbia. Was Sarver preventing Jones from being more effective and now he's able to reach his full potential or is Jones who we think he is and Ishbia is making things happen?

What a ride it's been since Ishbia took over. Looking forward so see what else happens as early as draft night.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:39 am
As much as I keep telling myself that Vogel can unlock Ayton, I know in my heart it's simply not true. Probably best to move him before his value plummets even more. I mean he's going to get less shots than ever before and probably average 12 and 7 as a max player. That should be terrifying to think about.
Who cares if he’s making the max? We’re about to sign Darius Bazley to the max just as a potential trade chip. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 am
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:55 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:40 am
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 am
ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:04 am
We're charged up because we traded for a $50mil go-to type of All-Star who chose us, but there's still a lot of work to be done. And if it doesn't work, we might feel some pain later on.
Especially since Beal will have us in the exact position he put Washington in.
Who cares? We were literally trying to waive Paul and Shamet anyway.
Not really the point, Jeremy.

Who cares if things go south and Bradley Beal forces the Suns to make a trade like the one Washington just did? I care.
The guy hasn't even played a minute in a Suns uni and we are already predicting that he is going to hold us to ransom in some messy breakup in 2 years time. Can we not just enjoy the fact that we now have 3 elite scorers on the roster and see how things play out?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:48 am
djy2j wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:39 am
Who cares if he’s making the max? We’re about to sign Darius Bazley to the max just as a potential trade chip. :lol:
Who cares if he's averaging 12 and 7 on a max contract? Literally everyone involved in making basketball decisions for NBA teams.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:06 pm
SunsSince92 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:34 am
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:55 am
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:40 am
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 am

Especially since Beal will have us in the exact position he put Washington in.
Who cares? We were literally trying to waive Paul and Shamet anyway.
Not really the point, Jeremy.

Who cares if things go south and Bradley Beal forces the Suns to make a trade like the one Washington just did? I care.
The guy hasn't even played a minute in a Suns uni and we are already predicting that he is going to hold us to ransom in some messy breakup in 2 years time. Can we not just enjoy the fact that we now have 3 elite scorers on the roster and see how things play out?
:lol:

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T

Post by Split T »

I never believe those things…we all knew for a couple days that Beal was a possibility…CP3 had to know a little bit. Plus we had that whole meeting with him and his agent.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm gonna be sick. This does smell of an Isiah move taking on a huge contract for a star.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

So James Jones wanted to keep Chris Paul, but Isiah Thomas overruled the President of the Suns when he does not even work for the Suns. This sounds healthy.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

It's tough to know what to believe as I've seen reports that Durant and Booker recruited Beal heavily, suggesting they also wanted to move on from Paul.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Meh. If JJ isn’t making that deal then I don’t want JJ. This was a no brainer. Beal is a top shot maker living on an island. He was paid to stay with WA. Ishbia was the sort of owner we needed when Joe Johnson was a free agent.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

One word to describe Ishbia: ruthless. He only cares about one thing: winning. Sort of reminds me of Trump lol. If we really want a championship, it may be what we need, though.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I get the feeling that Chris Paul just really wanted to stay. Probably thought he’d finish his career up until the last few weeks.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:28 pm
One word to describe Ishbia: ruthless. He only cares about one thing: winning. Sort of reminds me of Trump lol. If we really want a championship, it may be what we need, though.
JFC.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea all that winning he did with the Knicks. All that winning with the $12mil harassments lawsuit. So much winning.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:30 pm
JeremyG wrote:
JFC.
Barf

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

If this doesn’t work the Suns are screwed for the foreseeable future.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Isiah stuff makes me nauseous.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

JeremyG wrote:
I guess you have to have those dragons to slay.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695