TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: TRADE: Ayton/Camara for Nurkic/Allen/Little/Johnson

Post by Superbone »

The UofA bums are gone! Am I right?! :P Sarver and Ayton are out!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:45 pm
Ok guys...after months and months of meditation and contemplation, I'm FINALLY ready to accept the Myles Turner and Buddy Hield for Ayton offer! Push the button. Pull the trigger. Call it in. Do whatever you have to do but let's go!!!!
OMG... That's freaking hilarious! Nice one!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:15 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:21 pm
My gut is that I don't think we have a better shot at winning the title this season than we did 2 hours ago and I think our chances might be worse.
I think our chance are worse too but I don’t think it’s it significantly worst or anything, maybe just a couple points.

The silver linings, to me at least, our depth is pretty solid outside of pg, and I think we have some flexibility to make some decent moves at the deadline if we need too, we have some nice mid size contracts that we can trade, also fully stocked inventory of 2nd rounds picks as well.
We're not done making moves, right? 2 out and 4 in. We've got too many players?

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Allen, Johnson for Royce O’Neil?
Allen, Johnson and multiple 2nds for Caruso?

Any other ideas?

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

Overall, I think this trade is a very poor value return for Ayton due to Nurkic's lack of lateral movement ability and overall really poor durability. Nurkic may (if lucky) play around half the season at best? Then not getting McConnell or Martin is a big value loss from ending up with little and Johnson. The contractual savings are a plus, and our depth is better defensively too. But neither wing offers legit size, although Allen will be an absolute pest defensively and will add an element of dirty thuggery to our team. Overall my biggest concern here is really Nurkic. I really hope that we can flip him for a better more mobile and athltic rim protecting center option.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Already making fans! DA would never.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:51 pm
Overall, I think this trade is a very poor value return for Ayton due to Nurkic's lack of lateral movement ability and overall really poor durability. Nurkic may (if lucky) play around half the season at best? Then not getting McConnell or Martin is a big value loss from ending up with little and Johnson. The contractual savings are a plus, and our depth is better defensively too. But neither wing offers legit size, although Allen will be an absolute pest defensively and will add an element of dirty thuggery to our team. Overall my biggest concern here is really Nurkic. I really hope that we can flip him for a better more mobile and athltic rim protecting center option.
Nurkic's missed games total is a misnomer. The Blazers were tanking.

I don't know how you can say Little doesn't offer legit size. The guy is massive for a wing.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This all boils down to another Sarver/McD failure. They blew our first #1 overall pick.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This also means the Suns can still move some of their pieces.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Let’s talk about Nurkic, Little, Allen, and Johnson in here. Ayton is gone…let’s keep his discussion to his thread…or don’t listen to me, I don’t make the rules.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it’s very likely we flip 2 of the pieces for someone like TJ McConnell

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Nurk is a smart basketball player, passes the ball well, can rebound, score in the paint in multiple ways, he made 36% from three, he plays strong. On defense he simply isn’t switchable.
Little plays big for his height. He will be in this league a long time and has potential to be a starting stretch 4 next year.

People are grieving the player they wanted Ayton to be.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 pm
Too bad we couldn't have ended up with Jrue Holiday.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya Jrue would’ve been awesome…I don’t think we could make it work salary wise though. Not if we were taking Nurkic too.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:05 pm
Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Nurk is a smart basketball player, passes the ball well, can rebound, score in the paint in multiple ways, he made 36% from three, he plays strong. On defense he simply isn’t switchable.
Little plays big for his height. He will be in this league a long time and has potential to be a starting stretch 4 next year.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:12 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:05 pm
Sunsfanatic76 wrote:

Thanks for the inspiration.
FF avatar is the best.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

???? Lol

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:13 pm

???? Lol
Think he's just trying to be funny... but you can tell it's hurting him he didn't get Dame. :lol:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's gonna be really interesting when Miami goes all out for Giannis in two years.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 pm
Kinda like the idea of trying to flip Allen, Johnson and few seconds for Caruso. Fantastic defender and has familiarity with Vogel.