All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by iLLmatic »

Booker, Beal, Durant, and ….?

Who’s the fourth?

I’m happy Ayton has had a couple games and that he’s feeling energized about the change of scenery. It was good for him and us, both parties needed to move on.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Despite the fun of schadenfreude and Hayton, it really is for the best if he plays well in Portland. I want to see him get it together and improve as a player, and I don't think Portland has to "lose" the trade for us to "win" it. I like trades where both teams are happy with what they got, and hopefully that's what this one will be in the end.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:07 pm
"It's a new era, man. And it's very fun just to be a part of all of this, and just to start over with a fresh start, but like, just not making the same mistakes I made."
Better late than never for him to figure it out. Let's see if he can do this consistently. For whatever reason, he wasn't going to do that here. He showed us that the last two years. So it was best for both parties to move on. Now, it's our turn.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:41 am
JeremyG wrote:
"It's a new era, man. And it's very fun just to be a part of all of this, and just to start over with a fresh start, but like, just not making the same mistakes I made."
Better late than never for him to figure it out. Let's see if he can do this consistently. For whatever reason, he wasn't going to do that here. He showed us that the last two years. So it was best for both parties to move on. Now, it's our turn.
You don't know that. We had a new coach who liked him and still said after the trade that he had been looking forward to coaching him. That's different than the last two years.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:41 am
JeremyG wrote:
You don't know that. We had a new coach who liked him and still said after the trade that he had been looking forward to coaching him. That's different than the last two years.
OK, Jeremy. Let's keep wallowing in it then.

"Be Legendary."

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Seeing how quick he unfollowed his teammates, how ready he was to change his gaming avatar, it wasn't going to happen.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ayton just wants to put up numbers and get paid. He doesn't seem concerned with the end result. Ho hum. Round and round we go.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

It’s the song that never ends.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... areer.html

Looking at the Suns' all-time career leaders, a couple things stood out. One is that Booker is not in the top ten for any of the advanced stats (other than usage of course). The other is that Ayton is in the top ten in quite a few categories, including some advanced stats:

Offensive Rebounds, #6, 919
Defensive Rebounds, #6, 2233
Total Rebounds, #8, 3152
Field Goal Pct, #3, .597
2-Pt Field Goal Pct, #3, .604
Rebounds Per Game, #3, 10.4
Player Efficiency Rating, #8, 20.5
True Shooting Pct, #4, .622
Effective Field Goal Pct, #3, .599
Offensive Rebound Pct, #8, 11.0
Defensive Rebound Pct, #2, 26.7
Total Rebound Pct, #2, 18.8
Offensive Rating, #4, 119.6
Win Shares Per 48 Minutes, #10, .160

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Where does he rank in the number of times he quit on his teammates?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Most advanced stats are heavily weighted to favor low usage efficient bigs. They don’t do a good job giving credit to the players that actually drive the offense unless it directly results in an assist or made basket.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I mean WS/48 thinks Rudy Gobert is a top 10 player all time

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Haha Booker about to be top 5 in the league and Jeremy is implying or insinuating that Ayton, according to advanced stats is better. Okay. You were really quiet in that stretch when Ayton sucked but you're back now that he's strung together a couple double double games.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:21 pm
https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... areer.html

Looking at the Suns' all-time career leaders, a couple things stood out. One is that Booker is not in the top ten for any of the advanced stats (other than usage of course). The other is that Ayton is in the top ten in quite a few categories, including some advanced stats:

Offensive Rebounds, #6, 919
Defensive Rebounds, #6, 2233
Total Rebounds, #8, 3152
Field Goal Pct, #3, .597
2-Pt Field Goal Pct, #3, .604
Rebounds Per Game, #3, 10.4
Player Efficiency Rating, #8, 20.5
True Shooting Pct, #4, .622
Effective Field Goal Pct, #3, .599
Offensive Rebound Pct, #8, 11.0
Defensive Rebound Pct, #2, 26.7
Total Rebound Pct, #2, 18.8
Offensive Rating, #4, 119.6
Win Shares Per 48 Minutes, #10, .160
What exactly are you trying to accomplish by taking a dig at Booker and then posting useless tall guy stats?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

iLLmatic wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:55 pm
Haha Booker about to be top 5 in the league and Jeremy is implying or insinuating that Ayton, according to advanced stats is better. Okay. You were really quiet in that stretch when Ayton sucked but you're back now that he's strung together a couple double double games.
I wasn't insinuating any such thing. Just saying what surprised me when looking at the lists. Posted it in here because I didn't want to post the Ayton stats in another thread.

And I've noticed it's been very quiet from the people who were posting "Nurk > Ayton" recently.

Come to think of it, it's also been quiet in here as far as Duren posts as well.

Meanwhile, I have to watch Yousuck Nurkic every night "helping" the Suns to the same record as Ayton's Blazers. Very depressing trade.
Last edited by JeremyG on Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I never said Nurk > Ayton and I’m going to be very quiet because I quit paying attention to Ayton. I’m a Suns fan. Not a particular player fan.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:40 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
I wasn't insinuating any such thing. Just saying what surprised me when looking at the lists. Posted it in here because I didn't want to post the Ayton stats in another thread.

And I've noticed it's been very quiet from the people who were posting "Nurk > Ayton" recently.

Come to think of it, it's also been quiet in here as far as Duren posts as well.

Meanwhile, I have to watch Yousuck Nurkic every night "helping" the Suns to the same record as Ayton's Blazers. Very depressing trade.
Just go be a blazers fan, you’ll be happier

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:14 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:40 pm
iLLmatic wrote:

Just go be a blazers fan, you’ll be happier
Be careful Split lol, you’ll get the whole “we don’t condone telling a poster to go somewhere else” talk.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well I’m not telling him to leave the board haha. I’ve just never seen someone be so attached to one player before.

His Yousuck Nurkic stuff rubs me the wrong way as well and I lashed out a bit. I don’t even think Nurk is that good…his season is going about how I expected. Especially this game where we benched him down the stretch. I expect us to do that a lot. He won’t always make sense out there. But that was the beauty of trading 3 for 1…I think it seems clear Grayson Allen will be the best player for us from that trade. I think Nurkic can give us 20 minutes and Little is a nice developmental piece(I know he’s not that young, but he’s on a friendly deal over the next 4 years and is young enough).